- Manage Material Requirements Plan (MRP) inventory forecasts to support Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Determine raw material or commodity/code needs and proper inventory levels. Create system requisitions and monitor delivery of materials, while communicating priorities to Receiving and Incoming Quality Assurance (IQA).
- Communicate with all functional areas to ensure that material needs are met (Receiving, Quality, Labs, Purchasing, Transportation, Manufacturing, Finishing, and MS&T).
- Communicate significant changes in forecast volumes that may require changes in purchasing strategy.
- Communicate with test labs and quality assurance, where applicable, to establish and track delivery dates for raw materials or manufactured products on test.
- Establish performance reports to monitor, measure, and address supplier performance to assure timely and quality performance of supplier.
- Prepare monthly inventory reports to summarize current obsolete and surplus items, DOH, working inventory and total inventory. Manage timely disposition of obsolete and rejected materials through Material Destruct Orders (MDO’s). Where applicable, facilitate financial coverage discussions with Brand Teams accordingly.
- Identify large Purchase Price Variances (PPV). Take a leadership role in compiling the monthly PPV reports. Research and implement improvement opportunities with Purchasing and Finance.
- Take a leadership role in the implementation of new systems and planning new projects. Provide guidance to Inventory Planners (level II and III) when necessary. Manage projects related to departmental activities.
- Subject matter expert on SAP and other data tools used by department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or 3-5 years of experience in Materials Management or Operations; 3-5 years of experience in Purchasing/Maintenance or 5 minimum total combined years of experience
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced