The Head of Creative provides leadership and inspiration for all agency creatives including management of the creative disciplines: Creative Managers, Art Directors, Designers (print/digital), Copywriters (HCP & Consumer), Video creative development/ Design/Production, Proofers/Editors, creative standards, creative processes, and creative strategy. Supervises, organizes, and maintains creative staff. The GCD partners with account leadership to deliver best-in-class performance for our brands and agency. This role has a strong command of design trends and marketing tactics in the Pharma advertising space (US & Global responsibilities). Position requires award-winning conceptual skills, a command of the digital space and the talent to lead advertising campaigns across diverse platforms, and strong strategic leadership skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the development of advertising campaigns in support of marketing objectives for all clients. Acts as the focal point for all creative prior to presentation to assure that strategic integrity of marketing objectives and communications platforms are being achieved.
- Is responsible for deployment of all creative resources. Monitors capacity and productivity of the group and assigns responsibilities that meet client and agency expectations.
- Assists in the development of and implements marketing communications plans in cooperation with Account teams to assure that they properly execute strategies, with maximum impact, on time and within allocated budget.
- Is a member of the agency leadership team that establishes policy, systems, and procedures for inclusion into day-to-day operations as well as assessing staff planning needs against brand statements of work.
- Ability to lead a team of creatives, guiding their professional and creative development through evaluation of creative standards, by example and counsel, and by encouraging outside participation in state-of-the-art seminars and professional organizations in order to provide our clients with the most current creative techniques.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and to learn something new every day.
- Strong interpersonal and client presentation skills.
- Proven management and team-building skills.
- Inspiring, mentoring, adaptable leader.
- Set clear vision, elevate the team, and drive the creative organization in the agency forward.
- Guide multiple projects concurrently from kickoff through launch.
- Maintains and works within defined budgets
- Bachelor’s degree
- Combined 15-20 years of agency and creative management experience in both print and digital, with dynamic brand leadership.
- Creative experience within the classic full-service healthcare agency environment
- Proven success selling new work and adopting new ways of working.
- Combination of supervisory management skills and creative awareness and sensibility
- Strong understanding of digital trends and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated success in overseeing or creating rich and relevant digital experiences.
- Interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
- Ability to manage group dynamics, and processes
- Persuasiveness, and advanced presentation skills
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced