AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Group Medical Director
To promote excellence in structured benefit-risk (B/R) assessment and patient-centered risk management (RM) in support of new product submissions and through the product lifecycle.
- Advise Product Safety Team and relevant AbbVie asset strategy teams on benefit-risk (B/R) assessments and risk management (RM) strategies to support product development programs, new product marketing applications and marketed products.
- Lead and facilitate preparation of a product’s B/R assessment with incorporation of cross-functional perspectives.
- Collaborate with statistical colleagues to develop graphical displays of B/R assessments.
- In partnership with Safety Statistics, advise on quantitative methods for BR assessments, as appropriate.
- Advise preparation/updating of RMPs for assigned products; specifically advise on pharmacovigilance plan (in partnership with epidemiology) and on risk minimization plan.
- Prepare precedence analysis, as needed, to help teams determine whether or not additional risk minimization or REMS may be needed for a product.
- Lead cross-functional team to design/build additional risk minimization measures / REMS including user testing.
- In partnership with Epidemiology, advise on effectiveness evaluations for additional risk minimization measures/programs; apply evaluation outcomes to define corrective measures when needed.
- Advise and support affiliates with development of local RMPs/annexes.
- Serves as the in-house BRM expert for one or more therapeutic areas, advising and participating in various scientific discussions and activities with internal stakeholders.
- Prepare and/or review B/R and RM sections in pharmacovigilance deliverables, market authorization submission documents or other regulatory documents.
- Support core/global labeling efforts.
- Drive development and maintenance of education and communication materials for BRM processes and activities.
- Support preparation of publications relating to BRM deliverables and methods.
- Support inspection readiness activities relating to BRM.
- Drive initiatives to incorporate patient perspective/patient focus into BRM activities and deliverables.
- Evaluate impact of new PV legislation/policies on BRM activities and drive change to enhance BRM processes.
- Participate in pharmacovigilance/cross-functional or external initiatives to develop and implement policies and procedures (aligning with requirements of regulatory authorities, global polices and best practices) relating to BRM.
- Stays abreast of professional BRM information and technology through conferences, medical literature and other available training, to augment expertise in the BRM area. May represent AbbVie at key external meetings.
- MD / DO with 2+ years of residency with patient management experience
- 8 - 10 years of Pharmacovigilance experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to effectively analyze and guide analysis of clinical data and epidemiological information
- Ability to effectively present recommendation / opinions in group environment internally and externally.
- Master Public Health is preferred in addition to MD / DO
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation