- Responsible and manage broad based complex logistics optimization initiates designed to respond to the requirements of AbbVie’s customers, as gathered and defined by the local “in-market” Affiliates within the Region, and to do so in the most cost effective way possible.
- Primary logistics services Subject Matter Expert (SME) coordinating strategic logistics initiatives for existing/new products (and their precursors) shipped into, out of and within the region, as well as the day to day contact for regional Transportation Operations.
- Direct the team's information gathering, data manipulation, and strategic modeling efforts as they collaborate on regional vendor sourcing strategies and negotiate transportation contracts with Indirect Purchasing Operations.
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for regional transportation providers and initiate improvement projects where needed to address KPI shortcoming, or to foster a Continuous improvement mentality with the providers.
- Responsible for investigating, identifying, analyzing, developing and in some cases implementing world class logistics information systems which can be used to reduced corporate supply chain costs while maintaining or improving service in line with departmental goals.
- Provide leadership to the manufacturing, distribution, transportation, and inventory management teams to ensure that roles and issues are understood. International travel within the Region will be an important aspect of understanding customer requirements and providing SME leadership.
- Keys to success will include the ability to provide motivation for cross functional team project momentum, the ability to maintain or exceed timeliness, and the ability to generate planned service and financial impacts.
- Work collaboratively on inter-regional supply chains with other RLM’s and other Transportation Operations resources in place in the various global markets. As needed this will involve international travel to other regions.
- Expected to manage several small to medium size projects concurrently or become the leadproject manager for one to two large scale projects.
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in business or supply chain related field. MBA degree is beneficial
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in logistics planning, distribution operations, transportation operations, and project management experience
- Needs to possess a broad business perspective, knowledge and understanding of supply chain and logistics processes. A history of delivering transportation solution through and managing the performance of Third Party Logistics Providers. Experience with 4PL’s is a plus.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and effective written and spoken communication skill are absolutely critical. Fluency in English is required (other regional languages are a plus).
- Proven leadership ability especially when leading employees that report through other organizations
- Must have strong strategy development and planning skills coupled with necessary knowledge of logistics network design, strategic modeling, and supply chain operations. Issue identification and strong problem analysis and solution development skills are required. Exceptional workload management and organizational skills are required.
- Experience working across geographies, including an international reporting structure and international team membership/leadership is very helpful.
- Demonstrated team player mindset and ability to work in a cross cultural work environment.
- Proficiency with common software tools (MS Project, PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel) and techniques (plans, schedules, presentations). Strong knowledge of business financial systems and tools.
- International or local regulatory/QA knowledge is desirable.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced