The Crew Chief/Flight Engineer reports to the Director of Aviation Maintenance. Responsible for flying on corporate aircraft during international travel, they will provide technical expertise during in-flight and AOG situations along with tending to the comfort and safety needs of passengers. While conducting appropriate cabin management practices, the Flight Engineer will have a solid understanding of on-board communication systems to include satellite TV, satellite internet, and Iridium phone systems. While at home station, the flight engineer will perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, launch/recovery support, and proper documentation of company aircraft in accordance with FAA regulations, manufacturers' inspection and maintenance programs, and Department and Company policy. The Flight Engineer will be a dynamic role to ensure the utmost quality criteria of company aircraft.
- Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, inspections, engine runs and taxi operations that conform to the standards established by the Company, regulations, and industry best practices
- Availability to work nights, weekends, or flexible hours as determined by flight schedule - Ability to optimize aircraft dispatch reliability and operational availability through the role of Flight Engineer during international travel
- Act as passenger service provider and safety coordinator. Requires training in evacuation procedures, medical aid, passenger service, and food handling procedures.
- Ensure cabin configuration and associated management functions are performed in accordance with Departmental policies and procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of all onboard passenger service and cabin entertainment equipment
- Oversee that work performed by contract maintenance facilities is accomplished and properly documented in accordance with FAA and AbbVie department requirements
- Provide active participation in the Department Safety Management System (SMS)
- Assist in maintaining spare parts inventory; including ordering, shipping and receiving.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues in time-sensitive situations
- Have thorough understanding of avionics/electrical/computer systems
- Provide a professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Proficiency with the use of technology and computer knowledge to include Microsoft Office and related business applications
- Pursue on-going technical training and remain cognizant of industry advancements through conferences and seminars
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate required
- Three to five years of business aviation maintenance or avionics experience
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced