The R&D Regulatory Affairs, R&D QA and Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety (RQS) Finance team supports the leadership in the planning and execution of both current and long-term strategies around resource and budget management.
The primary function of the Finance Manager, FP&A is to provide financial leadership to Regulatory Affairs, R&D QA and Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety group including senior level management (VPs, Sr Directors). This budget consists of regulatory and filing fees, employee costs and professional services.
This position and team members coordinate the Plan, Update, LRP (Long Range Plan) and Latest Best Estimate (LBE) for the Regulatory Affairs, R&D QA and Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety group. This team is responsible for timely and accurate completion of Division and Corporate Schedules including Senior Management review of major financial timelines and deliverables.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the budget in the Plan/LRP/Update/LBE planning cycles for Regulatory Affairs, R&D QA and Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety. Ensure expense forecasts make sense and demonstrate willingness to work constructively with the business personnel to provide financial guidance and ensure compliance to policy.
- Provide financial guidance to the Regulatory Affairs, R&D QA and Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety leadership team. Ability to work with senior level business and operations personnel to translate plans and actions into their financial impact which can be understood by senior management.
- Lead the coordination of Actual Reporting Activities including the research and reporting of variance drivers.
- Maintain controls to assure the integrity of assets and compliance with GAAP and corporate financial policies and procedures.
- Analyze components of the Plan/LRP/Update/LBE submissions and lead Senior Management review meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring the payroll forecasting processes are completed efficiently and accurately, providing insight and analysis to each business function.
- Prepare annual Tax reporting requirements related to US income tax, R&D Tax Credit, Orphan Drug Tax Credit, and other tax reporting requirements.
- Problem Solve, strong analytical, technical, along with the ability to communicate and work with various levels of management locally and cross functionally. Ability to review current processes, identify areas of improvement and work cross functionally to implement solutions.
- Ad hoc projects.
- Identify and drive efficiencies within the Financial Planning area, while building relationships with Finance peers via collaboration and teamwork.
- The incumbent will be required to work well independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA or MBA a plus.
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive and related experience.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with ability to operate independently, drive processes, identify and implement process improvements, establish, and adjust priorities to achieve objectives and operate with speed and agility.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), with all levels of management and including the ability to listen well and to influence others that do not report directly.
- Proficient Excel skills.
- Knowledge of SAP and TM1 a plus.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced