- Manage staff across several accounting areas in the execution of timely accurate monthly accounting close process including journal entry creation and approvals, balance sheet account reconciliations preparation and approvals and month-end close signoff processes.
- Manage the preparation of certain footnotes related to areas of ownership (benefits, treasury, SBC, etc.) for Form 10-Ks, 10-Qs and other SEC filings such as proxy.
- Oversee all technical accounting matters, providing structuring assistance, accounting and policy counsel on a global basis with respect to AbbVie’s significant, unusual and complex transactions and events in a variety of areas (benefit accounting, derivatives & other treasury matters, intangibles and goodwill etc.)
- Partner with executive compensation to manage process for benefits and top leadership awards. Ensuring organizational compliance with applicable AbbVie Finance Policies and U.S.GAAP to ensure accounting is properly executed, as it relates to the areas owned.
- Leadership for ensuring the organization has appropriate documentation of processes and controls are in place and operating effectively in compliance with required internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Ownership for implementing ongoing continuous improvement within span of control including establishment of processes to ensure compliance with existing cycle time and quality initiatives and driving continuous improvement in close related processes
- Ownership for staff supervision and development
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Accounting and CPA required
- 10+ years of progressive Accounting or Finance with 5+ years of management experience and specific accounting experience related to closing the books and executing accounting judgments
- Strong technical accounting and research skills are required, as well as the ability to learn and understanding of AbbVie's accounting policies
- Previous experience in a matrixed, global organization
- Advanced degree a plus
- Pharmaceutical sector experience a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience, which includes project leadership in organizing, planning and executing projects from vision through implementation, across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
- Strong analytical skills – able to synergize data into information to make decisions, able to make recommendations and proposals.
- Demonstrated ability working in a matrix organization, building strong partnerships, and accessing available resources with high personal integrity, energy and objectivity.
- Process focused with experience in implementing process improvements or other change management initiatives.
- Ability for managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Experience in coaching and career development.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced