As part of the US Commercial, Business Technology Services (BTS) organization, the ETL/Data Engineer will work directly with business and technology teams to support the Data engineering and Data warehousing related initiatives across critical business processes and various IT systems across US Commercial.
- Define and enforce development standards.
- Design, code, test, and document re-usable ETL/Data Warehousing objects using Snowflake, IICS.
- Full project life cycle responsibility for Data Warehousing/Data Integration implementations from requirements to deployment.
- Help define business requirements, perform data related analysis, investigation, and audits.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Data Engineering team to implement solutions.
- Understand business strategy and needs related to reporting analytics to provide direction on design, development, execution, and maintenance of data.
- Identify opportunities to optimize the infrastructure and cost to run the Data platforms.
- Drive operational improvements and efficiencies through the creation and implementation of processes and controls, including a formal code review process.
- Document data standards, requirement specifications, and business processes.
- Establish best practices for several developers working in the same environment on different projects.
- Ensure compliance of all relevant policies and procedures.
- Provide written and verbal project status updates as required against milestones.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience, Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience, or PhD with 0 years’ experience in application program development.
- Experience in data integration, data warehousing, cloud related initiatives, and development and implementation of data solutions.
- Experience with Data Warehousing, data technologies, and ETL solutions such as Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Informatica IICS, PySpark, or similar.
- Experience in architecture patterns and data integration design principles.
- Experience writing SQL queries.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Qlik, Power BI, Tableau, Thought Spot, etc. is preferred.
- Familiarity with Pharma industry or Pharma information systems is a plus.
- Proven experience partnering with external vendors or implementation partners ensuring optimization of delivery of service.
- Strong experience in project delivery and client relationship management in a technology environment.
- History of working within a matrix organization – balancing the needs of the customer against firm initiatives and goals.
- Ability to identify appropriate product/service offerings and come up with recommendations to meet the functional area needs.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, and ability to navigate ambiguity and rapid change in terms of project/program priorities.
- Strong collaboration skills transcending business boundaries.
- Proven delivery excellence, including familiarity with Project Management/Agile methodologies.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced