AbbVie is looking for a highly motived leader that will be responsible for the engineering, implementation, and operations of cloud services in a multi-cloud environment. The ideal candidate will have a solid understand of cloud computing involving multiple disciplines and collaborate with business units to provide consultation and support for cloud solutions with a focus on best practices and security for all cloud services and solutions. This role will also be expected to investigate and engineer new technologies focused on automation to enhance and secure the cloud platforms and provide agility to the business.
- Reviews architectural diagrams for proposed solutions and implements the standard cloud or on prem services based on compute, data, or security requirements.
- Lead Engineering and implement native or hybrid multi-tiered cloud applications to the public cloud.
- Lead Cloud Governance using DevOps & Agile
- Use SRE to ensure reliability in solutions designed for the business
- Manages the configuration and deployment of cloud services such as EC2, VPC, S3, ECS, RDS, Lambda, Virtual Machines, Storage Accounts, and Resource Groups.
- Establish Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) to customer environments.
- Expertise in cloud native security tools such as Trusted Advisor, Config, Cloud Watch, IAM, Organizations, Inspector, Security Center, Monitor, Advisor, and Log Analytics.
- Utilize continuous integration and automation tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, PowerShell, Cloud Formation Templates, and Terraform.
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions.
- Implements best practices, cloud governance, and security controls across infrastructure and applications.
- Possess strong troubleshooting skills in the Linux and Windows Operating Systems platforms.
- Manages cloud services costs and investigates opportunities to reduce spend across the multi cloud environments.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support the engineering and implementation of new cloud applications or solutions.
- Provide third level support to operational teams to ensure Incident and Problem Management is a mechanism that feeds continuous improvement
- Assist application and architecture teams with proof of concept cloud services and implement the design in a lab environment.
- Establishes strong partnerships with key vendors, BTO’s, and infrastructure teams to deploy and support cloud services.
- Collaborates with the architecture team on cloud strategy.
- Adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable corporate and divisional policies.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Associate, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner and Azure certifications preferred
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
- 3-5+ years’ work experience designing, executing, and supporting cloud services in a multi-cloud environment such as AWS, Azure, or Google.
- Led Cloud Engineering and Operations at scale and Infrastructure as code.
- Demonstrated DevOps expertise including automation and continuous delivery mode
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advance the business.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Has led designs, implementation, and migration of applications to a cloud environment in large companies.
- Recent work experience health care/life science organization is a plus.
- Experience in the systems development, implementation, and operations of a large-scale, enterprise systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members.
- Must be deliverables focused and detail oriented.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced