AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Engineering Controls Technician (3rd Shift)
Works in an independent manner under the guidance of a supervisor or technical lead. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Examples of supporting assignments include: control system and recipe maintenance, equipment or process design and development, validation of equipment, materials and processes, preparation of specifications.
• Complies with applicable policies and procedures, regulatory and safety requirements.
• Provides technical service for various control systems, including vision systems, PLCs, servos, and robots. Daily monitoring and troubleshooting of assigned systems. Expected to recommend improvements in design, installation, start-up or execution of a project or task as well as the maintenance of a program.
• Maintains documentation, monitoring logs, Best Operating Practices (BOPs), training manuals, etc. for regulatory compliance. Assists in the implementation of long-term projects to maintain efficiency.
• Assists operations in the process of troubleshooting control system issues to determine potential impacts on production and facility systems.
• Exchanges information with project team members, designers, management, and other engineering or production personnel. Delivers recommendations and suggestions to project team members and management within the department.
• Provides limited technical assistance and information to production, engineering groups and outside consultants, contractors, and various departments within the Company.
• Participates and/or assists engineers in the design of process equipment or systems for optimal performance. Assists in the start-up of new and troubleshoots existing facilities/equipment to ensure optimal operation and performance.
• Identifies issues and implements troubleshooting techniques necessary to avoid production downtime. Closely monitors systems as assigned for potential issues and/or improvements.
- High School/GED is required. Technical school completion/certification preferred.
- At least 5 years prior technical experience in area(s) of specialty with basic knowledge of systems described.
- Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation