AbbVie is looking for a Director of Oncology US Market Access Marketing, VENCLEXTA (venetoclax). This position is responsible for leading market access marketing strategy for the for VENCLEXTA, an oral oncolytic jointly commercialized by AbbVie and Genentech (an external partner organization). VENCLEXTA is approved in two hematology indications, CLL and Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), and in Phase 3 clinical development for a third in t(11;14) Multiple Myeloma.
The Marketing Director, VENCLEXTA Lead will be accountable for strategy across all payer channels (e.g. Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, VA, etc). Lead strategic alignment with Market Access field; effectively orchestrate strategy, communication, and alignment across US Market Access Channel and Policy teams; as well as serve as the Market Access Marketing subject matter expert for the VENCLEXTA CLL Integrated Brand Team, developing Market Access strategies with stakeholders in the Oncology commercial organization and US Medical Affairs. The Director will manage Market Access interactions and collaboration relationships with relevant Genentech staff including and Joint Commercialization Council decision making with AbbVie and Genentech senior leaders. The Director will further be responsible for the Market Access components of key accounts strategy development across functions within AbbVie and Genentech, incorporating VENCLEXTA’s unique clinical and economic profile into a value story and resources which resonate across payer, provider institution, government, and community segments. Leverage data, analytics and strong strategic mind-set in all aspects of running the marketing component of the business. Provide positive leadership and influences cultural alignment with US Market Access’ Ambitious Cultural Vision. This position will have three direct reports.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership and direction for Marketing vision, strategies, plans and resource investment for VENCLEXTA. Encompass a “One for All AbbVie” mindset and perspective in all strategies.
- Act as Market Access primary contact for Oncology leadership relative to Plan, LBE, LRP and other financial & planning processes.
- Set tone and priorities for scale and scope of accountability. Influence and persuade across multiple external and internal stakeholders (both US and Global) and partners.
- Infuse AbbVie Ways of Working and Talent Philosophy in day-to-day leadership and overall management of the business.
- Uses coaching effectively and efficiently to influence cross-functional partners.
- Determine appropriate action, execution, tracking and monitoring of projects by employing scenario planning, segmentation, positioning, innovation, creative development, investment optimization as needed.
- Able to build a value proposition by articulating the business strategy and economic choices for each stakeholder.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Proven marketing experience required.
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical experience with cross-functional experiences including field sales, finance, market analytics, brand marketing are all valued.
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude required.
- Market access or CLL/AML/Multiple Myeloma/Hematology experience preferred
- Commercialization of oral oncolytics
- Companion diagnostics experience
- Experience in external collaboration
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced