AbbVie is looking for a Director of US Market Access Marketing, Navitoclax. This position is responsible for market access marketing leadership for navitoclax, an oral oncolytic in development for the hematologic malignancy myelofibrosis. Navitoclax is in Phase III trials and will represent AbbVie’s first solo, non-partnered launch in Oncology, a key strategic pillar for the enterprise. In addition, the Director will have responsibility for market access marketing for a second, earlier development stage oncology pipeline asset to be determined.
The Marketing Director, Navitoclax will develop strategy and tactics across all payer channels (e.g. Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, VA, etc). Lead strategic alignment with the Navitoclax Integrated Brand Team, developing Market Access strategies with stakeholders in the Oncology commercial organization and US Medical Affairs. As AbbVie’s first fully owned asset launch in oncology, the Director will bring relevant launch expertise and articulate strategy. The Director will further be responsible for providing market access marketing leadership and strategic input into critical milestones for an AbbVie wholly-owned oncology pipeline product in development. The Director will leverage data, analytics and strong strategic mind-set in all aspects of running the marketing component of the business. Throughout their work, the director will provide positive leadership and foster alignment with US Market Access’ Ambitious Cultural Vision.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership and direction for Marketing vision, strategies, plans and resource investment for navitoclax. Encompass a “One for All AbbVie” mindset and perspective in all strategies.
- Able to build a value proposition by articulating the business strategy and economic choices for each stakeholder.
- Act as a Market Access contact for Oncology leadership relative to Plan, LBE, LRP and other financial & planning processes.
- Set tone and priorities for scale and scope of accountability. Influence and persuade across multiple external and internal stakeholders (both US and Global) and partners.
- Infuse AbbVie Ways of Working and Talent Philosophy in day-to-day leadership and overall management of the business.
- Uses coaching effectively and efficiently to influence cross-functional partners.
- Determine appropriate action, execution, tracking and monitoring of projects by employing scenario planning, segmentation, positioning, innovation, creative development, investment optimization as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Proven marketing leadership experience required.
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical experience with cross-functional experiences including field sales, market access, finance, market analytics, brand marketing are all valued.
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude required.
- Market access marketing
- Myelofibrosis/hematology experience
- Experience with marketing of oral oncolytics
- Experience in external collaboration
*Location: Lake County, IL or Remote with frequent travel into the office
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced