The Director, Global Medical & Scientific Content Excellence role focuses on the creation and roll-out of Global Medical Field Resources. The focus includes the planning, development, and roll out of global scientific resources and tools, primarily product and disease state focused materials intended for in-field use by MSLs across global therapeutic areas. He/she will partner with the Field Medical Excellence Directors in the planning and creation of these field resources. He/she will also partner with the Scientific Training Directors to define scientifically rigorous training needs aligned to the field resources; he/she will contribute to training planning for ongoing development of Medical teams for the purpose of achieving and maintaining expert level scientific knowledge competencies aligned with the Global Medical strategy. The scope of the role will include close collaboration with Global Therapeutic Area teams and the support of global MSL teams as needed.
This position is within the Global Medical Content & Scientific Learning Excellence group, which is made of two teams: the Global Medical & Scientific Content Team and the Global Medical & Scientific Learning Team. to support additional Global TA-specific in-field resource development.
Therapeutic Area Focus: Neuroscience, Oncology OR Rheumatology
- Plans, develops and manages Global MSL and Medical-related scientific resources and tools, primarily clinical presentation slide decks, educational materials, and reactive field materials in collaboration with Global TA Medical partners and other internal teams
- Ensures MSL field resource content is aligned and consistent with the Global medical strategy and addresses educational gaps identified by Global Field Excellence Leads.
- Partners with Scientific Training Lead to support Global MSL/Medical training in key competencies regarding disease state awareness, current treatment landscape, and new product clinical data.
- Works with Global Medical TA and Medical Field Excellence Lead on the analysis of Strategic Insights that inform utility of and future needs for in-field resources.
- Partners with Digital and Medical Systems Excellence Team to design and deliver innovative in-field resources adapting to evolving HCP learning and engagement landscapes.
- Independently provides an advanced level of strategic planning and scientific/clinical content creation, and final resource review that ensures consistency with Scientific Standards for medical materials.
- Plans timelines for resource roll-out that ensures the most recent clinical/scientific data/information is incorporated, within special consideration to therapeutic areas that have multiple product portfolios, with some assets having multiple indications.
- Provides expanded support for scientifically rigorous training and ongoing development of Medical team members for the purpose of achieving and maintaining expert level scientific knowledge competencies in multiple disease states and products.
- Contributes to the Global strategic and tactical Medical Functional Plans as a partner in the Global Medical Affairs Team
- Manages vendor relationships and projects associated with in-field resources as appropriate.
- Key stakeholders: Global TA Medical, Global Brand Teams, other Global Medical Operations teams and Global Medical Affairs functions as well as cross-functional internal groups (e.g., Publications, GMI, USMA teams, Regulatory, OEC/Legal, BT and Clinical Development).
- Education: Scientific / medical / clinical education required
- Advanced Degree: R.Ph., PharmD., Ph.D., R.N., M.D., required
- Experience: Typically 8 years of professional experience preferred; at least 5 years of previous MSL or related pharmaceutical industry experience, clinical experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Pharma regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Must possess strong scientific background and the ability to critically review and analyze scientific literature
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills and creative and strategic thinking
- The ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and interface in a dynamic environment across departments
- Advanced PowerPoint skills required
- Excel knowledge and proficiency
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced