- Lead Field Force design, alignment, and call planning process
- Collaborate with sales leadership and internal stakeholders to determine optimal field force size and structure
- Lead the field call plan process by collaborating with sales leadership to development target panels that reflect changes in promotional strategies and tactics
- Manage territory alignments through sales force deployment changes and quarterly maintenance
- Identify and lead/support process improvement initiatives (i.e. next generation call plan, vacancy management, sales force expansions, optimizations and launches)
- Proactively provide insights on call plan execution and field force effectiveness
- Lead the strategic planning for all Sales Incentive compensations including plan design, analysis, implementation, communications and training
- Collaborate with business partners to design effective Incentive Compensation plans that support overall sales strategy
- Coordinate with sales leaders to provide continuous training on Incentive Plan design to ensure field engagement and understanding
- Ensure all incentive programs are equitable, motivating and aligned to corporate incentive philosophy
- Proactively analyze impacts of changes in sales trends and how market events may impact performance and ICP results
- Leverage Sales Ops team to stay updated on latest industry trends and practices in sales compensation and share with sales leadership to provide insight & recommendations on enhancements
- Ensure field tools and operations are optimized to best meet needs of customer
- Partner with sales and brand teams to drive adoption and identify improvement areas for field tools
- Manage team through data management, KPI tracking, field sales analytics and ad hoc reporting
- Report on field force execution metrics to sales leadership on a regular basis and support the quarterly field business planning
- Champion franchise needs as they relate to Field-Focused Deliverables
- Listen to / be voice of customers’ needs
- Proactively track trends to bring innovative ideas to franchise leads
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities:
- Manage team including both direct and indirect reports who are driving sales planning, field tools & reporting, and sales incentive compensation.
- BS/BA required; MBA preferred
- Project management
- Attention to Detail
This position requires 10+ years of related experience with 3+ years of managing others. It also requires strong leadership skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail and a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and senior management.
Accountability / Scope:
Describe the primary accountabilities of the position and the impact of actions.
Reports to VP, Field Planning & Analytics
Builds relationships and interacts with direct staff/team, internal peers, forecasting, finance, MC&O, legal, GPRD, RMs, SDs, marketing directors and product managers, GMs/VPs, BTS, vendors.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced