The Director will help define Convergence data integration strategies and advance Discovery priorities while maintaining alignment with the overarching R&D Convergence data integration framework and priorities. Act as a key member of the R&D Convergence (Data Integration) Core team responsible for defining and executing the R&D Convergence strategy and represent Discovery in cross-functional R&D discussions and decision-making forums related to Convergence data integration. Collaborate with scientists, clinicians, and data scientists within functional/therapeutic area and across R&D to identify and lead projects involving the aggregation and analysis of large data sets to identify key trends and insights that advance scientific understanding. Ensure that projects create a substantial return on investment and a meaningful impact on Discovery’s ability to drive the pipeline.
- Influence applicable Discovery leadership, strategies, and investments in alignment with the R&D Convergence data integration vision.
- Translate Discovery business challenges and scientific questions into hypotheses that can be tested using data analytics to drive new learning
- Partner with R&D Computational Scientists, Data Scientists, and technology teams to advance complex and/or highly novel use-cases with cross-functional dependencies
- Identify opportunities and solutions to unleash the full value of Convergence data integration within Discovery at an accelerated pace
- Lead matrix teams including scientists, data scientists and MD’s at all levels of the technical and medical career ladders
- Lead Convergence data integration projects within Discovery, allocate resources, and ensure appropriate area expertise
- Act as a conduit between the R&D Convergence Core Team and subject matter experts and data scientists within Discovery to transfer innovation, knowledge, best practices, and lessons learned
- An active member of the community of R&D Convergence Directors across other R&D functions and enable cross-pollination of ideas for broader R&D implementation
- Act as a consultant within the assigned functional/therapeutic area to help identify where Convergence data integrations and analytics approaches can help answer questions
- Influence the talent strategy within Discovery to continually enhance the digital skills and acumen of scientists and leaders to align with the Convergence data integration strategy
- Ph.D. with approximately 8-10 years of industry experience; at least 3 years of experience enabling data analytics and insights
- Experience in multiple R&D functions and data domains (e.g., preclinical, genomic, clinical, safety, regulatory, real world data, etc.). Considered to have in depth knowledge of drug discovery and development
- Demonstrated excellence and success in leading data integration and analytic programs to major milestones or insights
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams and leading and navigating in a matrixed organization
- Robust understanding of the data analytics value chain from data to decision
- Proven experience with successfully enabling new digital or data science capabilities that are beyond incremental extensions of the current capabilities
- Advanced knowledge of machine learning techniques, predictive modeling, statistical methodologies, and visual analytics is a plus.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced