The US Commercial Business Technology Solutions is looking for a Data Science Architect who is responsible for the planning, coordination, and successful deployments of US Commercial Data Lake project deliveries and building capabilities across AbbVie brands, and functions. This role will coordinate with IT Business Relationship Managers, Business Consultants, Solution Architects, Technical Leads, Developers, Business Analysts, PMO, business stakeholders, and System Integrator(s) to drive the US Commercial solutions through end-to-end delivery and completion.
The Data Science Architect works closely with Data and System Integrator(s) to ensure alignment of key project activities and milestones for deployment and solution delivery. This position would establish and lead Data Science Architecture at AbbVie and would act as an advisor for all advanced analytics initiatives across business functions. This is an opportunity to build the strategy and vision for data science, AI/ML, and predictive/prescriptive analytics for the enterprise. We are looking for a technology enthusiast who could interpret and correlate multi-functional data sets to solve complex business problems.
- Define and implement data science architectural framework and operating model for predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Lead and run data science Center of Excellence across AbbVie Commercial business functions.
- Improve existing AI/ML techniques by promoting new methodology and best practices from the industry.
- Provide technical leadership in feasibility study of data science use cases to business functions and work with developers across teams to design, build and implement data science solutions and capabilities.
- Leverage AI model techniques to model data, predict outcomes, and prescribe actions.
- Conduct POV (Proof of Value) for data science use cases to show the benefits to business leadership.
- Work closely with all business functional leaders to understand their use cases and help them provide advanced analytics solutions to help them take proactive decisions.
- Oversee and ensure completion of business and project cut-over activities.
- Align with data engineering, data integration, data analytics, data science, and data operations work to ensure consistency across workstreams.
- Work with multiple IT functions as an advisor for advanced data technical capabilities in AI, Machine learning/Deep learning, NLP solutions, data visualization, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree 7 years of experience, Master’s Degree 6 years of experience, PhD 2 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in data management, business analysis, and developing analytical models using statistical, machine learning, and data mining methodologies to drive business impact.
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning algorithms for data science, e.g., Linear and Logistics Regression, Decision Tree, Random Forest, Neural Networks, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with technologies such as Python, R Codes, Tensor Flow, Sage maker, etc.
- 3+ years of experience within project management and agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with advanced analytics platform such as Dataiku.
- Experience in data visualization tools such as Qlik, Power BI, Looker, Einstein is a big plus.
- Familiarity with technologies like AWS S3, EMR, EKS, Snowflake.
- Practical experience in architecture roles including architectural principles, helping define the reference architecture, and building technology roadmaps aligned with business strategy.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills that build trust and serve to positively influence partners and teammates.
- Provide solutioning and support to vendors, developers, and other technical architects to enable solutions that meet business strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating enterprise business processes with technology skills.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced