The Data Engineer will work with cross functional technology teams to understand and bring clarity to AbbVie’s commercial data landscape. The role will focus on data lineage, data processes and interdependencies. The Engineer will play a critical part in leading data investigations to resolve various challenges concerning data accuracy and quality. The role will lead process improvement initiatives, develop processing efficiencies, and create knowledge bases (data catalog and documentation).
Identify, engineer, and optimize new data, software, and technology solutions to address critical business needs in a timely manner. Demonstrate broad and versatile technical expertise in software development, data warehousing, statistics, data visualization and technology infrastructure (including servers, storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments).
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement software and technology solutions by studying information needs.
- Experience in building Data quality management template and guidelines for data warehouses and date lake.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare business and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Perform business analysis, data analysis, data reconciliation involving large and complex data sets.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative IT solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
- Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing IT capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least 5 years relevant experience or a Master’s degree in a relevant field and at least 4 years’ experience.
- Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as the positions’ role in achieving those objectives and modify approach when required.
- Learn, understand, and master new methods and technologies, and act as a resource or mentor for others.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, with ability to function effectively in an environment.
- Experience in data analysis and data audits in a data warehouse/data lake environment.
- Experience with BigData platform like Cloudera (CDH/CDP), AWS EMR, Hadoop, Spark, Scala.
- Experience with AWS cloud services as a platform and as an infrastructure.
- Experience with Cloud warehouse like Snowflake.
- Experience with querying tools such as Toad (suite) and Snowflake user interface.
- Experience with Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) processes and tools such as Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) and Informatica Power Center.
- Knowledge on AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS, EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, IAM, etc.
- Experience in Structured Query Language (SQL queries) and PL/SQL. Experience with SQL Query optimization technics.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Preferred knowledge: Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry, project management and SDLC fundamentals, good data understanding of sales data.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced