AbbVie Information Research is seeking a data engineer responsible for the design and development of solutions focused on data. As a Data Engineer, you will be a core member of a high-performance team of data engineers and architects focusing on driving technology innovation and continuous improvement. Act as a lead in their area of data & technology expertise, critically evaluate relevant technological advances, and integrate this knowledge into new solutions.
- Responsible for design, development, and maintenance of scalable data platforms, system integrations, data pipelines, data models & API integrations to support evolving business strategy.
- Utilize existing infrastructures or build new infrastructure for optimal data ingestion, transformation, and loading of diverse types such as Clinical trial Data, Electronics Health Records, Claims, labs, Genomics, and wearable devices.
- Demonstrate mastery across a wide range of data and software engineering activities, including data warehousing, data integration, data streaming, digital devices, data visualization and analysis, and application development.
- Collaborate with architects and engineers to design and implement data access and data security processes.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical R&D business and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Liaison with business teams to ensure that the data is analysis ready to address the questions posed by business stakeholders.
- Provide comprehensive consultation to the cross-functional team in their data and technology expertise area.
- Prototype emerging business use cases to validate technology platforms and proposed solutions.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree 7 years of experience, Master’s Degree 6 years of experience, PhD 2 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Must have experience with designing and building ETL pipelines
- Must have experience with database & system integration technologies (e.g., Oracle, PostgreSQL, Hive, HBase, Informatica, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, etc.)
- Must be proficient in data analysis programming languages (e.g., SQL, Python & Spark)
- Experience with AWS is preferred
- Experience with Clinical Trial & Real Word Evidence (EHR, Claims & Pharmacy, etc.) data format is preferred
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced