AP16 is one of AbbVie’s critical manufacturing sites and a packaging center of excellence that packages nearly all of AbbVie’s key products, including Humira, HCV (Viekira/Mavyret), Imbruvica, Elagolix, Venetoclax, Duopa, and Ubrelvy. AP16 Finance is responsible for the financial control, reporting and analysis of the AP16 Manufacturing Operation. The team provides financial support to manufacturing operations as well as Quality Assurance, Maintenance and Engineering, Materials Management, and IT support functions.
The Cost Analyst is responsible for financial accounting, cost allocation, collection of data and preparation of reports that maintain AbbVie’s cost accounting systems for businesses supported.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leads and reviews month-end processes for businesses supported. Includes but not limited to inventory reconciliation, manufacturing variance analytics and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Leads plant reviews and understands the growth/performance of their business and analyzes variances of actuals vs plan.
- Financial support for Plan and Update. Flash/LBE (Latest Best Estimate) preparation. Review and understand variances from Plan/Update/LBE. Provide mid-month analysis of actuals and trend against LBE to plant management.
- Responsible for assisting Operations team in the identification of areas for cost reductions and operational improvements, annual budget process, periodic forecasting and periodic analysis of operations performance.
- Prepare, coordinate, and develop standards for assigned business unit or product family, and ensure timely communication of information.
- Maintain internal controls and account reconciliations for respective business unit inventory to ensure appropriate inventory valuation and safeguards.
- Prepare and analyze journal entries as needed during month-end close process.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support complex decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA desirable.
- Minimum 2+ year’s related accounting experience required with at least 1 year in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and proficiency in systems, particularly MS Excel and SAP, is critical.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Corporate Financial Manual (CFM) and the ability to apply the correct policy to business issues.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and achieve required timelines.
- Familiarity with standard cost variance analysis preferred.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced