The Clinical Payments Supervisor will support the organization in the timley review and processing of all supplier submitted invoices and the daily activities associated with the execution and oversight of clinical trial payments. This position will also provide leadership and guidance to team members ensuring complete, accurate and timely payment approval and contract entry activities. Providing strategic guidance and identify, lead and implement continuous improvement projects with minimal supervision is required.
- Ensures complete, accurate and timley clinical trial payment approval and contract entry / configuration into the appliciable financial systems.
- Liaison and decision maker regarding outsourced vendor activities and training.
- Responsible for ensuring timely follow-ups regarding problem invoices including those requiring contract amendment, shopping cart creation, inbox and hotline support, DSP requests, exception requests, daily blocked/parked report, and overall customer service.
- Manage clinical payment team members. Provides guidance, leads meetings, troubleshoots, and identifies and implements solutions for self and direct staff.
- Act as champion for process improvements within the department and influence process changes across many functional areas.
- Using various systems and tools, pull data, provide metrics & SLA with meaningful analysis and commentary.
- All activities are executed in a manner that meets departmental compliance expectations and is aligned with the terms of the executed contracts in place.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers, outsourced vendor and is the point of contact regarding escalations for all areas of responsibility.
- Effectively collaborates with internal and external resources (e.g. various levels of functional management, Accounts Payable, Outsourcing, BPO, Clinical Trial Leadership, Clinical Trial Sites, other Vendors, to effectively resolve identified discrepancies or processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in Finance, Accounting or Business preferred. CPA or MBA a plus. Minimum 8+ years of progressive and related experience.
- Minimum 2+ years previous supervisory experience preferred. Proven communication and influencing skills ensuring team alignment, effectiveness, and execution.
- Expertise in MS Office applications and advanced knowledge of MS Excel is preferred.
- Flexible, able to work with minimal supervision and possess good analytical, organizational and team skills as demonstrated by ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet associated timelines.
- Experience working with budgets and contracts desired.
- SAP experience is required and familiarity with clinical studies is preferred.
Clinical Site/Vendors, Clinical teams, Study Forecasting Analysts, Outsourcing and appropriate departmental team members
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced