AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Category Manager, Commercial & Indirect Purchasing (Creative Marketing)
Manage subcategories of services; understand existing landscape and become a strategic advisor to stakeholders to deliver on future vision and needs.
Optimize supply base to improve performance, financials, reduce total costs, improve quality (customer satisfaction), customer relations, and drive on-time, on-budget delivery
Implement and/or improve supplier service levels by integrating agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
Develop and/or optimize Preferred Supplier Networks (PSNs) to improve consistency, terms and benefits amongst network suppliers
Perform data analysis for procurement projects and supplier management, including but not limited to pricing benchmarks, supplier metrics and research, master data management, performance monitoring, savings reporting
Partner with legal to draft and negotiate supplier contracts to ensure timely completion and execution of agreements
Focus on continuous improvement and innovation; identify initiatives to drive category value such as standardized rate cards, make vs. buy, removing redundancy, etc.
Develop and implement short, mid, and long-term procurement and sourcing optimization strategies in alignment with stakeholders and Category Lead
Responsible for identifying vendors and implementing strategies: RFx / Auctions / Targeted Negotiations, as aligned with Category Lead
Develop and manage sourcing events, including RFx documents (leverage existing templates), supplier presentations, scorecards, negotiations, and contract execution
Work must be performed to a high ethical standard, in compliance with the law and AbbVie policies and procedures
Governance & Supplier Diversity
Monitor supplier performance and work across different forums, stay apprised of initiatives, innovation, improve communication
Work in partnership with sourcing colleagues to negotiate/renegotiate deals and contracts with suppliers to include pricing and delivery schedules, ensuring supplier risk management, compliance guidelines and protocols are followed
Work with Category Lead to identify diverse supplier opportunities, increase diverse spend/utilization
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or 4 years of equivalent work experience
- 7 or more years of procurement/negotiations experience required.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Experience with SRM, Ariba, Apptus, Sievo, Provalido a plus
- Experience drafting and managing Request for Proposals (RFI, RFP) and conducting supplier negotiations
- Ability to effectively communicate to all team members, stakeholders, management, and suppliers
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple projects.
- Ability to develop and grow relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal direction.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to generate insights and drive action.
- Strong influencing skills
- Will have met individual and team annual savings target across three primary savings types (P&L, working capital, cost efficiency/avoidance) as set by
- Will have contributed towards overall advancement of category strategies
Will have strengthened stakeholder and supplier relationships.
- Individual contributor role reports directly to Category Lead within the Commercial and Indirect Procurement organization.
- Qualified individuals will be able to work in one of the following AbbVie office locations: Madison NJ, Lake County IL, South San Francisco, or Irvine CA
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation