The Business System Consultant will be a default point of contact for US Commercial BTS (IT) and will work directly with business and technology teams to support the data integration efforts across critical business processes and various IT systems.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Perform duties as Data Consultant & Project Manager for BCo BTS integration projects related to US Commercial
- Partner with Brand teams, MABI (Marketing Analytics and Business Insights), Customer Experience (CX), Customer Analytics (CA), Master Data Management Team for projects and enhancements
- Initiate and Plan Integration projects. Works with business team to establish project goals, objectives and deliverables.
- Gather business requirements, perform data related analysis, investigation and audits
- Project Communication: Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status & decision support information to project team
- Resource and Team Management: Coordinate resources to ensure project needs are addressed and effectively assign tasks and deliverables to team members based upon their abilities.
- Responsible for delivering precise functional specifications to include process workflows, business rules, interface design specification and source to target data mapping to the integration team.
- Works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and needs and opportunities for improvement; identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative IT solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
- Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing IT capabilities.
- Conducts training. Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits. Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Manages relationships between clients involved and IT organizations to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within IT community on behalf of customers; coordinates system solutions.
- Allies with other IT functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps IT managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization and for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 8-10 years of related work experience
- Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, mapping documents for data integration and technical requirements
- Ability to function effectively in an environment with multiple and fluctuating priorities
- Excellent communication skills, with tact and diplomacy
- Experience working with cross-functional team
- Experience in data analysis and data audits
- Experience in requirements gathering and writing functional specification for Data Integration and Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) processes
- Experience writing Structured Query Language (SQL queries)
- Prior experience in requirements gathering for data integration in Master Data Management Systems (MDM), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and Reporting systems is preferred
- Experience working with third party vendors and suppliers
- Experience working in Agile environment.
- Prior experience as Product Owner is preferred
- Prior knowledge of JIRA/Scrum experience preferred
- Preferred technical skills: Toad for Oracle, Teradata SQL Assistant, Excel Macro, Visio
- Preferred knowledge: Project Management, good understanding Pharma Commercial related CRM, Master data, Sales data from third party vendors like IQVIA, SHA, Specialty Pharmacy etc., Salesforce Alignment operations data
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced