AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Business Systems Analyst - Legal & Records Archiving
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have been markable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
The purpose of this role is to conduct BSA Analyst activities for both Legal and Records Archiving such as:
- Facilitate the Ingestion of record archives into RIMS and StrEAM Databases
- Perform SLC document duties
- Conducting process improvements
- Documenting and conducting periodic review on standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Support Records Management & Legal with technical solutions
- Create user stories and translate them into both functional and user requirements
- Business process mapping
- Elicits and communicates the organization’s business strategy; works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and needs and opportunities for improvement; identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices. Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing technology capabilities.
- Develops technology strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. Prepares testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete.
- Conducts training. Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits. Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other BTO's to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Works directly with clients involved and BTOs to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within BTS communication behalf of customers; coordinates system solutions.
- Allies with other BTS functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps BTS managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts.
- Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal, or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial, and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years’ experience or master’s degree in Information Systems or related field is required
- Experience in data archiving and records management.
- Preferred experience in software quality assurance and IT systems compliance.
- Preferred previous pharma or healthcare domain expertise.
- Experience in working with Legal and IP groups
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project delivery methods
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation