Oversee process for management of external finances in support of CMC product development strategies. Oversee contract-tracking system to ensure contracts are completed within time. Work with Product Development Directors to obtain all necessary documentation for submission to the Technology, Licensing and Collaboration group and address all contract needs and issues. Calculate gaited costs for inclusion in Financial LBE. Manage all aspects of contract expense generation, tracking, and reporting of actual costs. Review all monthly third party invoices and supervise the payment and tracking process. Liaise with the Technology, Licensing and Collaboration group to ensure timely completion of all third party contracts.
- Accountable for $100+mm external cost gaiting (LBE) file.
- Conduct the gaiting file meetings with senior level project managers and directors.
- Lead all aspects of reporting externals for LBE, Plan, Update and Portfolio financial cycles.
- Responsible for oversight and integrity of all AMP financial processes. Complete all monthly external cost variance commentaries as required
- Work in partnership with the Scientific Project Leadership and Business Operations Manager to keep current the external project resource requirements.
- Provide direction and counsel to the Product Development Directors to meet business objectives. Communicate all key dates, deliverables.
- Represent functions on in-licensing and collaboration projects for reporting and tracking of external costs.
- Work with the Product Development Directors to identify and track all projects requiring EX-US shipments of drug substance and API. Work with Global Trade Compliance to identify all customs fees, duties and taxes associated with drug substance/API shipping pathways
- The incumbent is expected to operate independently to accomplish the goals and responsibilities of the position. However, constant alignment with the DPD Operations Manager is critical due to the nature of this role.
- Possess a thorough understanding of pipeline projects as related to the need for externals spending.
- Possess a thorough understanding of VAT as it relates to the external spend activities.
- 10+ years of Accounting / Finance or business related fieldBachelor/Master of Science in business related field.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced