Our talented, highly creative marketing professionals put AbbVie in the best position to win by driving strategic direction, leading product teams, and creating targeted, evidence-based product messaging to deliver value to our customers. Marketing professionals are among our most versatile performers. AbbVie marketing professionals are involved in just about every aspect of our business.
It is an exciting time to join AbbVie’s growing oncology team as we pursue our mission to have a remarkable impact on the lives of people affected by cancer. We are working to deliver the day when all affected by cancer can look forward to looking forward. Abbvie has quickly emerged as a leader in blood cancer and more than doubled the size of our oncology organization since 2013. Commercially we are committed to delivering innovative solutions to meet the ever-changing needs of our stakeholders, and we strive to set the bar for excellence as we evolve how we go-to-market. Come join an inclusive AbbVie oncology culture that fosters trust in each other, growth in ourselves and our organization, and joy in what we do! Abbvie Oncology offers you immense opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your goals. For more information, please visit https://abbvieoncology.com.
The Precision Medicine and Diagnostics team is responsible for providing franchise-level marketing support on companion diagnostics and biomarker functions, executing companion diagnostics tactics in the field, and contributing to product development in the diagnostics space for pipeline assets. This group works collaboratively with other U.S. Commercial Oncology teams to contribute to the development of brand plans and works alongside AbbVie internal and external partners to develop CDx strategies and deliver tactical execution for Precision Medicine and Diagnostic marketing.
The Associate Director Oncology Precision Medicine and Diagnostics will provide Oncology level marketing support on companion diagnostics and biomarker functions, working closely with brand and cross-functional teams to develop commercial diagnostic strategies. This individual will be responsible for developing diagnostic go-to-market strategy with Commercial Oncology Precision Medicine & Diagnostics (PM & Dx) leadership and executing on the tactical plan with other internal and external teams (Oncology Diagnostic Liaisons (ODLs), Account Executives (AEs), and diagnostic partners), with the ultimate goal of driving education on biomarker testing, developing new business, and supporting test availability and test quality to ensure accurate and timely identification of appropriate patients for therapy.
- Working with internal Commercial Oncology Precision Medicine & Diagnostics team leader to develop and implement the national diagnostic strategies for all current and future brands in AbbVie’s oncology portfolio
- Maintaining constant channels of collaboration with internal Brand teams to develop and execute brand-specific biomarker strategies as a part of the broader brand planning process
- Collecting diagnostic insights and providing feedback to Brand teams for all product launches, including market readiness evaluation
- Acting as a point of contact with the Franchise Marketing team in order to support execution of diagnostics-focused HCP marketing programs
- Collaborating with external diagnostics partners as appropriate to develop joint commercial plans
- Working with Global Commercial Development and Precision Medicine teams to provide US commercial input on development initiatives regarding companion diagnostics and biomarkers
- Mastering technical & market knowledge related to oncology Dx testing (e.g., IHC, NGS) and how it fits in the treatment paradigm of targeted therapies and/or genomically-defined tumors
- Helping to identify issues in current testing landscape and identify and work with relevant stakeholders to remove or minimize diagnostic barriers to therapy use
- Participate in the annual budgeting process to ensure appropriate funding in order to deliver on team objectives and oversee the use of this budget
- Promoting a culture of compliance and ensuring adherence to relevant policies and procedures related to planning and executing Precision Medicine and Diagnostics programming
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of industry experience (pharmaceutical, diagnostic and/or medical device)
- Oncology/hematology experience
- Demonstrated clinical and business acumen in the oncology and/or diagnostic arena
- Experience / comfort discussing scientific content
- Track record of successful team leadership
- Strong organizational, project management, and team coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively cross-functionally
- Advanced degree in life sciences
- 4+ years of diagnostics (IVD or laboratory industry) experience
- Thorough knowledge of diagnostic testing environment and pathology as applicable to biomarker testing requirements
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced