Associate Director – Tax Technology, Data & Process
The Associate Director of Tax Technology, Data & Process will join a global Tax team supporting all aspects of the Corporate Tax function at AbbVie with a focus on global direct taxes. This is a key role, providing leadership opportunities in driving process optimization in combination with fit-for-purpose technology solutions and data management. This highly visible position will include active partnering with other AbbVie functions like Business Technology Solutions, Finance and Operations. Tremendous learning opportunities are available for a candidate who is proactive, independent, and agile.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Being able to translate the AbbVie Finance Vision into a compelling strategy through the design of tax processes, tax technology solutions and tax relevant data management.
- Driving process standardization and simplification through ownership, design and implementation of standard operating procedures.
- Leading identification, selection and implementation of technology and data management solutions across the Corporate Tax function within set time frames, including but not limited to tax planning, compliance, and reporting (e.g., ASC 740/US GAAP, Local GAAP, SOX, Transfer Pricing).
- Collaborating with Business Technology Solutions, Finance and Operations functions to align on data flow requirements and to optimize efficiency and effectiveness in meeting global reporting and compliance obligations.
- Leading complex, large-scale projects through strong project management skills and in depth of understanding of Tax, Finance, and Operations functions.
- Overseeing the administration of key tax technology platforms, ensuring the proper controls are in place to maintain SOX compliance
- Effectively communicating with senior management, outside auditors, advisors, and other key stakeholders.
- People leader that will assist in developing a dedicated team of tax technology, data, and process professionals
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Computer Sciences.
- Experience with financial accounting and related processes. CPA certification welcomed but not required.
- 8+ years of progressive responsibility in a publicly traded corporation or public accounting firm.
- Proven track record with assessing and implementing tax technology solutions, including ERP systems, data hubs and ETL (extract, transform, and load) tools.
- Strong understanding of corporate tax law and US GAAP accounting under ASC 740.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with both tax and non-tax audiences.
- Strong people leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive individual, able to work well independently and in a team.
- Experience implementing or operating tax accounting/compliance solutions such as OneSource, LongView, or CorpTax
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced