The Associate Director will be responsible for strategic and tactical management for all access and affordability programs within the AbbVie portfolio along future pipeline products, which includes both copay/rebate support and free goods for patients with access barriers. This includes providing support for current programs along with innovative solutions in response to complex payer market dynamics. They will work in a team environment, with direct reports, to ensure a seamless program experience across all patient services partners, both internal and external. Position works cross functionally across teams including Marketing, Market Access, MABI, Care Model Strategy, Patient Services along with Legal and OEC.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Strategic design, development and implementation of future programs for patients with access barriers (copay, rebate, free goods/bridge/voucher)
- Lead team providing day to day support for copay and free goods programs
- Collaborating cross functionally to ensure program offerings are effective in removing access barriers
- Partner with legal and compliance teams to ensure programs are compliant
- Strategic design and implementation of innovative solutions in response to aggressive market dynamics (accumulators, maximizers etc).
- Analyze and recommend business rules changes in response to competitive and market dynamics.
- Work with MABI and consultants to ensure detailed and timely analytics, providing insights along with performance reporting
- Partner with U.S. Patient Services team to ensure operational alignment
- Manage budgets for overall program vendors, partnering with Finance
- BA/BS Required
- A minimum of 5 years of foundational knowledge of the US access and reimbursement environment and detailed knowledge of how support programs operate.
- Experience working with and managing large tactical programs involving multiple external partners
- Operational experience working on customer service programs
- Database management, analytical and IT experience preferred
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Strong communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced