AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Director, Medical Program Management
Associate Director, Medical Program Management
Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position.
The Medical Program Management (MPM) team focuses on driving performance through strategic leadership and the practice of innovation. The MPM serves as the strategic partner for the Therapeutic Area (TA) leader and serves as the primary cross-functional operational contact/liaison to assure effective communication and alignment in the Medical Affairs Teams (MATs – USMAT/GMAT) within a TA, while also enhancing integration with Development, the Brand Team (IBT/GBT), and MAT. This role is responsible coordinating, planning, tracking, and information flow from multiple organizations in support of a unified and comprehensive Therapeutic Area (TA) view. The MPM serves as Project Leader for large scale projects across Medical Affairs and often across functions (ie. Development, Commercial, HEOR).
List up to 10 main responsibilities for the job. Include information about the accountability and scope.
- Strategic partner supporting TA Lead for large/complex asset programs by directly interfacing with the MAT(s), MPMs, and cross-functional partners (e.g. Commercial (IBT/GBT), Development) to ensure a program-wide view of cross-functional strategy.
- Independently drives and influences day to day activities and, with oversight, strategic deliverables to the TA MAT operations ensuring they are efficient and effective across functional boundaries including cross-functional member engagement, performance, and accountability
- Assures open communication and alignment on roles/responsibilities and deliverables for each asset supported by the TA. This includes all tactics including evidence generation, gap assessments, medical education, and other initiatives represented in the MAT.
- Collaborating with the Portfolio Program Manager and Customer Excellence, drives the holistic gap assessment process ensuring cross-functional input and area and affiliate pull through.
- In partnership with TA Lead, drives strategic planning and execution across the TA program ensuring appropriate prioritization and integration. Ensures TA program activities are actively tracked and reported across all Areas, highlighting potential delays, risks, and providing mitigation plans.
- Partners cross functionally and within Medical Operations to identify opportunities, challenges and operational alignment in timely data generation and works with teams to implement process improvements.
- Drives and support integrated cross-functional launch readiness to ensure effective product launches including field readiness.
- Provides strategic overlay of enterprise view, connecting the dots for the TA team to R&D / Commercial / AbbVie strategies. Helps translate information into TA team strategy and objectives.
- Drives teams to appropriately prioritize resources (people, time, budget).
- Partners to build, support, and execute TA leadership vision by being an accountable and independent leader.
- Drives positive culture and provides proactive mentorship to less experienced Medical Program Managers.
List required and preferred qualifications (up to 10). Include education, skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific or business related field is required. MBA Degree strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience pharmaceutical experience. Experience should include at least 3 years of direct program management or at least 5 years of functional roles with informal program management responsibilities
- Project management certification (e.g. PMP) and/or six sigma certification strongly preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and cross-functionally across TA program to identify opportunities and make connections to advance business deliverables
- Applied knowledge of program management tools and processes (e.g. management of integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk and procurement).
- Consistently communicates to an executive level in an accurate, regular, concise and inclusive manner.
- Extensive experience with performance measurement and communication (e.g. metrics, dashboards)
- Demonstrated ability to lead without direct authority, ability to excel in a matrixed environment and independently drive to deliver on business objectives. People management experience preferred.
Medical Affairs Therapeutic Area Head and Leads, MA Leadership, IBT/GBT Lead and all MAT Leaders
Job Code Details: F6356
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation