- Collaborate with Marketing Director(s) and business leaders to build, manage and execute marketing plans to achieve business objectives and goals including patients’, market and financial results.
- Drive and participate in business and marketing plans process.
- Demonstrates and utilizes holistic understanding of financial planning.
- Lead and manage direct teams and external partnerships.
- Influence business leaders and effectively collaborate cross-functionally to deliver business results.
- Manage and monitor P&L of product responsibilities.
- Grow brand/product penetration, share and awareness.
- Develop next generation product and/or product enhancements & experiences, leveraging the patient journey.
The Associate Director of Marketing, Neuroscience will be responsible for leading patient strategy for Parkinson’s disease specific to Duopa, reporting into the Marketing Director for Duopa. This role involves leading the development and execution of brand strategies and implementation of tactics to support patient identification, education and onboarding for Duopa, applying market dynamics, industry trends and customer insights to support strategic focus.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Cross Franchise Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the Parkinson’s patient and all key stakeholders on the Parkinson’s disease journey and ensure that all patient marketing activities align with the needs of the target audience.
- Provide input to the evolution of the PD patient journey in the context of the evolving AbbVie Neuroscience future landscape with Duopa and pipeline compound ABBV-951.
- Effective prioritization for on-market brand (Duopa) initiatives, with interactions and support across the franchise for pipeline brand (ABBV-951).
Duopa Specific Responsibilities:
- Develop and articulate effective, executable patient marketing strategies and tactics to educate people with Advanced Parkinson’s disease and their care partners and support timely identification of appropriate patients for Duopa, effective onboarding and provide appropriate ongoing support for patients on therapy.
- Create high-impact promotional materials and digital assets that supports strategic objectives to target patient audience while managing initiatives within assigned budget/timelines.
- Lead all brand facing patient initiatives (including patient education speaker programs, and the patient/care partner mentor program).
- Lead some professional regional and national marketing initiatives (including participation in conferences, EE engagements, etc.).
- Support lifecycle management initiatives for the Neuroscience franchise, including collaboration with cross-functional areas across AbbVie enterprise.
- Partner with internal cross functional groups (X-Factor, Legal, Regulatory, Medical, Clinical, Sales Training, Field, Market Analytics and Business Insights) and external (Ad Agency, Digital Partners) to ensure integration and consistency of patient strategies and regulatory compliance of promotional material.
- Partner with those who manage day to day operations of the patient support programs on the X-Factor and Market Access teams to ensure effective alignment and an optimal Duopa experience for patients.
- Contribute to the development of the Duopa strategic and tactical plans.
- Provide input to LRP, Financial Plan and LinkIt to ensure appropriate investment for patient initiatives
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills with efficient project management and communication capabilities.
- Experience working within a matrix organization. Strong collaboration and cross functional team leadership, with experience accomplishing results through others and influencing others.
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, digital and internal partners.
- Experience in Medical/Legal/Regulatory Review processes.
- Previous sales/marketing/medical experience.
- Experience in patient/consumer marketing and professional marketing preferred.
- Experience working in Neuroscience/Parkinson’s preferred.
- Launch experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field; advanced degree preferred.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day)
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced