ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, MARKETING INSIGHTS & ANALYTICS – ABBVIE PATIENT SERVICES
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world’s most complex and critical conditions. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people, and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology, and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
The Associate Director of Marketing Insights & Analytics for AbbVie Patient Services will design, implement, manage, analyze, and effectively communicate marketing research and analytics initiatives across pipeline and inline Immunology, Specialty, Oncology, Neuroscience, and additional therapeutic categories on behalf of AbbVie Patient Services. The individual will derive high-impact learnings from qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary research, behavioral analytics, market intelligence, and internal stakeholder initiatives, and partner across AbbVie Patient Services pillars as well as with Brand partners and external agencies to inform strategic and tactical decision-making. The ability to influence decisions based upon careful and strategic thinking and understanding of the business is critical to success.
Act as franchise intelligence partner across AbbVie Patient Services pillars (e.g. Marketing, Franchise Leadership, etc.) focused on providing strategic insights, forming a trusted relationship, and staying abreast of commercial issues and burgeoning trends within the patient support space.
Be conversant with custom research methods, adept at supplier and stakeholder management, and able to independently lead custom research projects that deliver compelling and actionable learnings.
Perform thought-provoking and sophisticated syntheses of learning across research, analytics, and market intelligence sources to develop actionable insights and recommendations that shape strategies and tactics.
Maintain organizational knowledge of the market, competitive trends, and industry developments and effectively communicate this knowledge to internal stakeholders
Design performance indicators and KPI tracking to ensure understanding of execution and engagement of patient support programs and tactics.
Coordinate and manage monthly program performance assessments on each patient support program.
Lead data strategy efforts to ensure accurate and reliable data assets are incorporated within agile analytics capability to enable seamless, codeless, visualization-enabled analytics.
Leverage innovative, sophisticated analytic models that address critical issues, but also meet key business criteria. Be able to effectively communicate results of these complex analytic models and influence action to improve patient support program performance.
Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure Brand and Market Access intelligence is leveraged appropriately to inform development of AbbVie care models.
Build solid relationships as a team player, while maintaining objectivity and lack of bias to represent the voice of the customer.
Demonstrate thoughtful confidence in presentation of learnings across all levels of the organization.
Manage and develop direct reports (1-2, with opportunity for team growth over time). Understand where and how to appropriately expose direct reports to Leadership to both accelerate their career growth and maximize team efficiency across meetings.
Appropriately manage and collaborate with both onshore and offshore research and analytics suppliers.
Monitor and manage research and analytics programs within budget and identify opportunities for cost savings where appropriate.
Ensure all research and analytics activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required. Advanced degree (MA, MS, MBA, PhD) preferred.
- 8-10 years relevant marketing research and/or analytics experience required.
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry and pharmaceutical data (physician-level prescribing, institutional sales data, payer-prescriber-level data, formulary data, patient-level data, etc.) preferred.
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, superior organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and creativity in problem-solving.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience as an integral member of a high-performing work team.
- Experience with and strong aptitude navigating a heavily matrixed and fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally within the organization and with external agencies.
- Experience with programming language or analytics tools such as R, Python, SQL, SAS, SPPS, Tableau preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced