AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, Market Research for the Oncology team is responsible for guiding internal partners/stakeholders to make data driven strategic and operational decisions. The chief responsibility is to facilitate and develop actionable recommendations for one of AbbVie’s brands based on an acquired knowledge of the business bolstered by robust primary and secondary market research.
Key responsibilities include independently leading market research planning, implementation, communication of results, and alignment of brand strategies and plans. The Associate Director will be responsible for managing all aspects of market research including initiation of the RFP process, supplier selection, study design, contract execution, budget management, analysis oversight, and development of actionable recommendations.
The Associate Director will independently lead all aspects of project planning, such as coordination, setting time lines, scheduling participant meetings, shaping conclusions and recommendations, presenting interim and final results, and communicating all project progress/initiatives to Brand Teams, Senior Management, and/or suppliers, where appropriate.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as the market research lead for a brand team trusted partner to marketing and medical affairs team leadership, guiding brand strategy and advising on key initiatives based on knowledge of the business and market through research data and analytics capabilities
- Enable and demonstrate leadership on the cross-functional business teams to make better and more rapid business decisions by framing & prioritizing critical brand questions.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key brand contacts and market research and analytics peers to co-create and execute plans, eliminate redundancies and ensure consistency of our market understanding
- Play a leading role in the continuous brand planning process based on a deep understanding of the market drivers, patient journey, competitive dynamics, and positioning highlighting opportunities to enhance patient and physician experience and plans to address leverage points & gaps
- Provide insights to both current dynamics and future market evolution over the next 3-5 years to guide integrated brand team in the development of successful strategies
- Lead and participate in initiatives to improve the market research and analytics capabilities
- Ensure all market research activities are conducted on time, within budget, and in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- Effectively utilize decision making for both strategic and operational decisions, balancing the near and long-term goals.
- Work with cross functional forecasting team to develop data-driven narrative for financial plans
- Establish a positive and productive work environment by creating trust and respect within function and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or master’s degree is preferred
- 8+ years of Market Research and Analytics experience with demonstrated career progression, preferably in the Pharma/BioTech industry
- Experience in developing and executing market research plans, including budget management
- Ability to manage a team and coach and develop direct reports
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to tell a story succinctly
- Ability to influence senior management with supported insights
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrix environment with minimal oversight
- High motivation, strong work-ethic and positive attitude while working under tight timelines
- Subject matter expertise in current methods in Primary Research; demonstrated independent, strategic mindset and thought leadership
- Skilled in hands-on primary research analysis with ability to use advanced excel or other statistical software: experience analyzing and drawing insights from quantitative and secondary data sets
- Familiarity with 3rd party pharmaceutical data like IMS/SHS Sales Data (APLD, DDD, Xponent, NSP, NPA), and Specialty pharmacy data preferred
- 10% travel based on business need
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced