As a leader in the MABI team supporting Payors and other Market Access stakeholders, this individual will play an important role in the continued success and growth of franchise sales within U.S. Market Access. This individual will closely collaborate with internal stakeholders from Brand Market Research/Analytics, Market Access Marketing/Sales and Brand Marketing to lead research and analytics that identify commercial opportunities and threats, support the development of market access strategies and tactics, enable continuous learning from ad-hoc analyses, and ensure alignment of insights across brand centric research and analytics.
The Market Access Insights function focuses on improving the effectiveness of market access stakeholder messaging and tactics across multiple therapeutic classes and customer segments through a combination of custom research, secondary data analysis and syndicated studies. The Marketing Access Insights member is responsible for insights generated through strategic payor and other market access stakeholder research, product specific studies, and syndicated services and is knowledgeable in demonstrating how to integrate and consume both secondary data such as IQVIA/SHA/MMIT. The leader is also well versed into the nuances of U.S. Healthcare Policies and their influences on the Market Access Environment. These insights are critical to develop and optimally execute AbbVie's market access strategies.
The Market Access Insights Associate Director will be responsible for conducting and guiding the communication of findings, results, and recommendations of modeling/ data analysis/research with Brand and Market Access leadership, cross-functional team such as Govt. Affairs/ Finance teams, within MABI teams and across to the franchises to improve payor knowledge (government, employers, and health plans) and reflection of insights to brand strategies while ensuring the quality and accuracy of all analytical results. Key areas of functional scope include:
- Responsible for managing both analytics and primary/ syndicated market research across multiple therapeutic areas. Possess strong understanding of modelling, analytical methodologies and primary research and strong ability to synthesize insights into compelling narratives. Is highly proficient at modeling, data analytics, supplier and stakeholder management, and leading/ managing custom research programs to deliver compelling learnings that guide strategic and tactical decisions. In collaboration with MABI partners, consulting with marketing leadership to formulate strategy, lead execution of tactical initiatives, recommend enhancements of promotional programs and develop metrics for measuring/improving program execution. This person will be responsible for leading the development and communication to leadership of market access issues requiring a broad range of market access expertise as these brands commonly experience differing market access challenges.
- Demonstrating proficiency in understanding implications of Healthcare Policy and impacts on the health care landscape, payors (both private and governmental), disease states and treatment options. Understanding of govt. payor (Medicare, Medicaid etc.) is very useful.
- Build relationships internally – e.g., with Govt. Affairs, Finance/ Forecasting, Marketing Analytics and Business Insights, Brand Marketing & Sales, etc. to accomplish team goals and to support goals of others.
- Supporting execution of marketing strategy by ensuring that all research and activities are aligned with and executed in accordance with the larger strategic plan, guiding team on interpreting channel/brand marketing strategy into market research objectives and priorities.
- Coaching team on application of research and analytical techniques relevant to strategy development and issue investigation.
- Prioritizing the work of the team to adequately support key initiatives within project timelines and within a budget.
- Overseeing a team responsible for:
- Developing and executing learning plans by therapeutic area and channel, coaching on the identification of sound approaches to research based on the hypotheses and situational constraints, interpreting research findings and synthesizes them into actionable business insights, differentiating analytical techniques based on their appropriate use, working collaboratively with other functions and vendors on the design and management of research.
- Delivering research and analytical findings objectively to Market Access and Brand Leaders, with confidence and courage.
- Conducting analytics though the integration of complex datasets that frame the parameters around trade initiatives, assessment, segmentation and targeting strategies, hypothesis testing, pilot experiment design, and predictive analytics.
- Delivering against management and development initiatives including;
- Ongoing professional development of all individuals on the team as well as expanding team capabilities.
- Completing Performance Management responsibilities, including conducting timely and effective performance reviews, TMR assessments, etc…
- Maintaining compliance of team with all financial policies, including purchase order and market research processes.
- Maintaining that team is current on all required certification and compliance programs.
- Communicating to staff all pertinent information related to Divisional and Departmental strategies/initiatives.
- Lead the coordination of training plans for new analysts for the department.
- Ensuring common methodologies are utilized across the department so analyses are comparable across franchises.
- Bachelors degree in one of the following fields: Market Research, Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance, and/or Applied Mathematics
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, analytical software (Dataiku, R, Puthon, SAS etc…) and pharmaceutical data sources (IQVIA, SHA, Truven, Optum, SSR, Analy$ource, CMS, HIRC, HSG, etc..).
- Minimum of 10 - 12 years of experience in market analytics, marketing research, and field sales support in the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Proven ability to identify, address, and influence customer needs.
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced