AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines and solutions that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas – immunology, oncology, neuroscience, and eye care – and products and services in our Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Director, International Strategic Pricing
Associate Director, International Strategic Pricing
Primary Job Function
The International Associate Director Strategic Pricing will be responsible for translating the value of the asset into price potential and optimal pricing strategies for both early pipeline and late stage AbbVie assets, to inform strategic business and access decisions. This position will report to the Director Strategic Pricing for a specific Therapeutic Area, in the Leadership Team of International Strategic Pricing, within International Market Access and Pricing (iMAP).
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Responsible for timely implementation of Strategic Pricing Framework to establish price potential and advise value and access team on opportunities to improve price flexibility or price potential to secure optimal patient access across markets. In order to ensure we effectively translate the value of the asset into optimal asset pricing and for driving timely development of asset price potential and short and long-term International pricing guidance over the asset lifecycle (e.g. early price range, late stage pricing strategy, pricing scenarios, pricing corridors, Value Based Agreements strategies), , Integrated Access Strategy, brand vision, asset value and overarching corporate strategy, in close collaboration with the IMAP TA access lead, the HTA lead and the VAT.
§ Responsible for providing timely strategic input and shaping the Integrated Access Strategy, to accurately reflect the asset price potential.
§ Also, responsible for timely development of the pricing guidance and for driving strategic pricing input in financial processes (LRP, Plan, ESOP, LBE), as well as driving reviews of strategic pricing assumptions with areas/affiliates. Ensuring alignment and harmonization of provision of pricing information and collaboration, across pricing and finance processes (plan, LRP)
· Responsible for informing and shaping the asset strategy (e.g., clinical development strategy / trial design, TPP, product presentation/device lifecycle, regulatory strategy, Market Access Analysis Plan and Integrated Evidence Plan) to ensure reflection of the asset price potential and implications, by proactively engaging and contributing through existing governed processes or decision forums (e.g., pipeline commercialization model/VAT)
· Contribute to the identification of the asset access value drivers and focus on health care system affordability issues and solutions (e.g., payment models, funding mechanisms, innovation, access programs/pathways) impacting the asset pricing potential and reflect these into the pricing guidance in collaboration with Access innovation team.
· Responsible for identifying, defining and modelling pricing hypothesis, scenarios and risk-mitigation strategies to be assessed, supporting the development of the integrated access strategy and pricing guidance, in collaboration with IMAP TA asset lead, HTA lead, area Access Directors, key markets/LBUs access teams, brand teams, Finance, DSG and other relevant key stakeholders; responsible for the methodological approach to be used in the conduct of qualitative/quantitative pricing analyses.
· Further to scenario analysis outlined above, also responsible for the asset indication sequence and/or country launch sequence optimization, in close collaboration with the IMAP TA asset lead, the HTA lead and other key partners.
Supports the Pricing Systems Lead in running International Reference Price and cross-country/region impact analysis to inform LRP, PLN and business cases
Supports the Pricing Systems Lead in undertaking and interpretating launch sequence optimization analysis
· Subject matter expert and responsible for conducting pricing studies using appropriate methodologies (e.g., qualitative, and quantitative pricing research using value justifiable, willingness to pay, cost benefit, affordability methods), and engage with external experts, to inform the development of the global pricing strategy and guidance.
· Accountable for ensuring timely development, discussion with key stakeholders, cross functional alignment and approval of the pricing guidance by the Executive Pricing Council, in line with the global pricing governance
· Responsible for the roll out (communication, training) of the pricing guidance as a part of the Integrated Access Strategy.
· Support key markets/LBUs in the localization of the Integrated Access Strategy, including the pricing strategy, scenarios and negotiation strategies and mitigation plans, to support affiliates during national and sub-national price negotiations, guiding local team to leverage the identified value drivers, economic tools/pricing value story/objection handling and other existing tools.
· Coordinating and ensuring appropriate review and approval of pricing business cases and preparation of the review by the International &/or Global Executive Pricing Councils, in line with the global pricing governance
· Serves as an internal Subject Matter Expert on strategic & operational pricing and analytics, providing where necessary training to the organization on pricing or analytical approaches
· Proactive engagement and participation into existing decision forums, as core member of the Value and Access Team (VAT); clearly and optimally communicate the pricing strategy and guidance to senior management and in different governance decision forums, as required.
· Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal stakeholders and organizational leaders, in International Market Access and Pricing (IMAP), Asset Leadership, Marketing & Commercial Operations (IMCO), affiliate and Area Market Access, Finance and DSG.
Qualifications and Experience:
·MSc or MPhil (required) or PhD (preferred) in Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Health Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, or any other related quantitative field with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
·Experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry and understanding of access, health economics and commercialization process is required
·Knowledge and hands-on experience in the following aspects is required:
designing or implementing global pricing strategies and scenario assessments
designing and implementing market access strategies and payer value proposition
·Ability to communicate value drivers supporting pricing initiatives and their impact on business; ability to communicate financial impact of pricing initiatives on overall business objectives are required.
·Ability to translate and communicate the organization's strategy, asset value, brand vision and access strategy into innovative pricing strategy is preferred.
·Ability to manage workload to meet critical deadlines under challenging time constraints.
·Demonstrated appropriate level of leadership. Requires high levels of competence, confidence, and credibility. Strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides and/or presents in a management or informal setting.
·Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are required.
·Experience interacting with P&R agencies and knowledge of top key markets health care systems and/or pricing regulations (EU5, Canada, Japan, US) is highly desirable.
·Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written) is required.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.