The Strategic Integrated Planning and Governance Associate Director, reports within the US Patient Services Organization. This role will report to the Strategic Integrated Planning and Governance Director and supports the US patient services programs and initiatives. The Associate Director is responsible for strategic planning and execution through governance and project management at a portfolio level. This position enables organizational alignment, program and portfolio management, program management maturity, and stakeholder management.
- Understands Integrated U.S. Patient Services strategic priorities and leads portfolio team to design and develop execution plans.
- Elevates strategic areas of decision making and alignment, as well as any executional risk to the U.S. Patient Services Sr. LT.
- Actively leads portfolio programs and resource alignment to a defined work approach
- Ensures program teams track and report established KPI’s and communicate adherence to policies, processes, and requirements
- Leads and partners with Portfolio Leadership Team planning and execution of U.S. Patient Services business programs.
- Anticipates when a program or project will be off-track and guide teams through corrective action to regain alignment with program or project goals.
Strategic Planning & Execution
- Identifies opportunities to enhance business objectives related to the portfolio and leads teams to decisions through strong business acumen and critical thinking
- Anticipates future program and project activities, ensuring people and financial resources are appropriately aligned.
- Leads the portfolio planning and resource modeling; set expectations & influence decisions to maintain good partnerships.
- Partners with U.S. Patient Services Franchise Leads, Enterprise Lead, and Design lead to define and lead the planning and launch planning processes.
- Prioritizes portfolio activities in alignment with annual goals and objectives.
Strategic Integrated Planning and Governance Leadership
- Elevates portfolio level information through active participation at US Patient Services Sr. LT meetings
- Role model for enterprise values, standards, and ways of working for the Strategic Integrated Planning and Governance team
- Leads Strategic Integrated Planning and Governance Portfolio team; supervise 3-6 program managers or project managers who manage program/project lifecycle (inclusive of contractors)
- Demonstrates appropriate engagement with AbbVie stakeholders partners at a portfolio level, providing awareness to critical programs
- Supports and sometimes lead adoption readiness, enterprise integration, transition planning, and vendor management initiatives internal to Strategic Integrated Planning and Governance.
- Leads initiatives that drive Strategic Integrated Planning and Governance organizational strategy and priorities
- Contributes to and lead continuous improvement processes by giving feedback on policies, tools, processes, and procedures
Enterprise Process Management
- Appropriately leverages organizational processes (i.e., procurement, MedReg Approvals, financial, etc.)
- Understands Strategic Integrated Planning and Governance and Patient Services vendor resource model
- Guides portfolio teams in financial decision making
- Leads Strategic Integrated Planning and Governance contractor recruiting & onboarding processes
AbbVie Ways of Working
- People Management: Responsible for managing a team of program managers, contractors and program teams.
- Resource Management: Responsible for making significant contributions to the development resource management strategy and organizational structure of multiple business and/or technology domain.
- Liaison and Relationship Building: Builds collaborative relationships and effectively interacts frequently with business and/or technology senior leadership and vice presidents. Interactions focus on top priority programs and influencing strategic decisions. Interacts well with diverse groups across business and technology functions and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Culture: Consistently demonstrates Abbvie's Ways of Working and Leadership Attributes including an enterprise mindset and people leadership. Effectively manages performance, provides timely feedback, appropriately rewards and recognizes valuable achievement, develops talent, and creates a succession pipeline. Understand and execute AbbVie's vision, goals and strategies. This role has accountability for the performance and results strategically important functions.
- Position requires bachelor’s degree and relevant experience. MBA, Project Management Professional certification and work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- 10+ years of program management and program governance experience with some situational leadership experience.
- This role requires strong organizational skills, strategic thinking, problem-solving skills, program management capabilities, financial management capabilities and an in-depth understanding of the patient services and pharmaceutical business.
- The position requires human relations and administrative skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, co-leaders and senior leadership in Commercial, Business Technology Services, Legal, OEC, Manufacturing Operations, Global Medical Affairs, Promotions, Brand teams, and Global Patient Services.
- Conflict resolution skills including persuasive management techniques required.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required. Ability to communicate concepts and problems in terms that are understandable to all levels of the organization, including C-Suite.
- Experience managing teams of at least 3 people with a resource mix of managers, employees, matrixed teams, virtual teams, contractors and managed service providers. Demonstrated ability to hire, develop, manage, and motivate people to achieve high levels of performance. Proven ability to drive outstanding employee performance and engagement through developing, coaching, motivating, energizing and inspiring team members.
Key Stakeholders (optional):
Refine for Quality Stakeholders
Legal, OEC, CA&O (commercial compliance/MABI/training), BTS, PV, Brand teams, MABI, Training, Purchasing, Corporate Audit, Global Patient Services, Manufacturing Operations, Regulatory, Promo, GMA
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced