Associate Director, Neuroscience
Reporting to the Global Marketing Director and the Global Brand Team Lead for Neuroscience, this position is responsible for leading the development of specific parts of the global integrated brand strategy for a launch assets (e.g. specific anchors of the 1-7-5 approach) as well as being an active contributor to the full continuous one integrated brand plan (Early Brand Plan to Launch Readiness Plan). This position is also accountable for leading cross-functional development and execution of specific strategic imperatives (e.g. marketing strategies) and tactics by gaining alignment at the Global, Area, and Country/Affiliate level. Collaborates, engages and in specific cases leads a cross functional team, which includes (but not limited to): Market Access, Medical Affairs, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Supply Chain, Health Economics and Outcome Research, GCD, R&D, Public Affairs, Medical Review, Business Intelligence, OEC, and Learning.
In addition to the above, key Responsibilities Include:
- As part of launch team and after appropriate on-boarding, representing commercial voice and insights in at least one cross-functional team related to asset strategy development (e.g. label strategy team or value/access team).
- Actively participating or leading parts of the one continuous brand plan development for the Launch Asset, ABBV-951
- Leading or actively participating in cross-functional teams in order to create or identify commercial opportunities that advance efforts towards the brand objectives and goals.
- Generating marketing insights that inform strategic and tactical plans for Duodopa and/or new launch asset ABBV-951.
- Assisting or leading cross-functional co-creation sessions with affiliates or other strategic partners, and helps to build the 5-year integrated brand plan. Leads or is an active collaborator in the development and execution of 1-year functional and tactical plan (including routine assessment and analytics of the evolving competitive landscape)
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders—e.g. Asset Strategy Team members, members of TASC, GMCO Specialty Vice-President or Vice President, Area and Affiliate Cross-Functional Leads and global External Experts respectively.
- Developing marketing tools/resources and advancing them efficiently through the formal medical and regulatory approval process.
- Managing budgets and maximizing limited resources
- Project Management
- Working with vendors and other agencies
- Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical marketing
- Competency of the 1-7-5 integrated brand planning model
- Competency in current medical and regulatory approval process
- Proven track record of effectively leading or working in cross-functional teams and matrix environments
- Proven track record of building strategies and initiatives for a portfolio of products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Able and willing to travel internationally (up to 30% of time)
Preferred Experience (in addition to Basic):
- MBA or advanced degree
- Global and Affiliate/Country experience
- Previous relevant experience from neuroscience
- Actively worked in a launch experience
- Sales, Market Access, or other relevant experience that complements the marketing role
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced