AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world’s most complex and critical conditions. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people, and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Reporting to the Director, Global Brand Team Lead, Oncology, MM this position supports the development and execution of the marketing strategies and tactics at the Global, Areas, and Country-Affiliate level. Collaborates and engages with a matrixed team, which includes (but not limited to): market access, medical affairs, finance, regulatory, legal, supply operations, health economics, clinical development, R&D, public affairs, medical and regulatory review, patient relations, business insights, OEC, and sales training.
Conceptualizes and implements Global Brand Insights and Strategy. Handles marketing team budget. Supports global brand team meetings. Leads/develops strategic business plans. Applies market dynamics contributing to the development of the product indication forecast, annual plan and LRP. Provides input for business development/alliance projects. Learn more about what it takes in this role below!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare for exceptional Global brand launch that includes Companion Diagnostic in highly competitive therapeutic area.
- Collaborate and lead by example with cross functional and cross geographic teams to generate effective brand strategies and tactical plans to deliver business results.
- Manage overall team budget, ensuring spend is optimally allocated and accurately tracked across functions on a quarterly basis.
- Identify, analyze and translate product, brand, customer, patient, and relevant information to frame and solve business problems and build effective marketing plans.
- Effectively direct research team efforts in primary research projects and understand the healthcare business environment including familiarity with global markets and payers, distribution channels, and pricing strategies.
- Analyze financial and market results to optimize business plans; assist in the development of financial plans (Annual plans and LRP).
- Monitor and lead global marketing programs and activities within budgeted constraints while understanding the fundamental aspects of financial performance.
- Develop and articulate effective marketing strategies that provide impact, are executable, easily communicated, and clinically/financially supported for areas of responsibility (product/indication/channel).
- Demonstrate ability to segment a market, select optimal target audiences and position effectively for the target segment.
- Continually evaluate and apply knowledge of the effectiveness (share impact/ROI) and efficiency (expense control) of promotional tactics.
- Effectively lead projects to deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Ensure that regulatory and compliance guidelines are followed.
- All these responsibilities will strongly contribute to a successful worldwide Launch of Venclexta/Venclyxto launch in RR MM t(11;14).
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- This position requires strong leadership competencies, specifically in terms of influence management, effectively gaining consensus for new approaches, leading through ambiguity and effectively handling multiple partners.
- Great teammate who enjoys working independently and with minimal supervision!
- Proven expertise in interpersonal change management and culture change is strongly preferred.
- Strong business writing and oral communication skills with experience in presentation development are required.
- Outstanding social skills with emphasis on leadership, relationship development and influence skills.
- Strong attention to detail - ensures accuracy of communications.
- Skilled at planning, project management, time management, communicating, decision-making, organizational relations.
- Achieve results through people (matrix organization).
- Achieve the respect of peers and management for their level of knowledge, insights, contribution, engagements and delivered results.
- Ability to engage with and motivate Area and Affiliate Brand Team leaders.
- Willingness to travel at least 30%
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field. MBA desired.
- Advanced experience in Sales, Medical Affairs and Marketing is desired.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- Experience and proven track record in Onco-hematology. 3-5 years of oncology experience is desired.
- Global marketing and/or Companion Diagnostic experience preferred.
- Multiple experiences within commercial pharmaceutical roles (Brand, MHC, Sales, BD, NPD)
- Understanding of attributes of other functional areas and impact of relevant decisions. Knowledge of marketing concepts within strategic planning process.
- Experience and ability to demonstrate financial planning and analysis skills.
- Experience in product launches on a Global level.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.