The primary function of this position is to provide strategy, oversight, and project execution across Global Commercial Development (GCD) with a focus on external engagements and capabilities. This position is responsible for; leading the successful planning and execution of external engagements through effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders; end-to-end management of material review process; facilitating external engagement training; developing and implementing Brand Strategy Team (BST) standards, managing the planning & execution of GCD events; leading the planning and execution of core GCD communication tools; and leading process improvement and culture initiatives based on priority areas of focus. Requires frequent interaction with GCD leadership team, Global Commercial Leaders (GCLs), and cross-functional leadership and teams (Global & US).
- Drive the GCD wide planning and execution of external engagements (i.e. Ad Boards/Group Consulting, Individual Consulting, etc.), effectively employing and coordinating all available resources and involved parties across vendors and multiple internal stakeholder groups.
- Lead the overall coordination and project management for internal stakeholders and external parties/vendors utilized to support logistics and content development for GCD external engagements. Proactively communicate across team members to support successful execution and keep stakeholders well-informed.
- Partner strategically with internal AbbVie support teams including BSG and/or CCG. Initiate request for support from internal AbbVie support teams and monitor performance against plan.
- Lead end-to-end management of material review process for AbbVie pipeline, serving as subject matter expert in material review routing tool (Veeva).
- Facilitate GCD wide External Engagement training, provide ongoing guidance to GCLs, and identify and implement process improvements for increased efficiency.
- Develop and implement Brand Strategy Team (BST) standards that deliver consistency in ways of working and onboarding resulting in clear expectations of GCLs by leadership and cross-functional partners and continuous improvement.
- Lead planning and execution of GCD events including town halls, yearly offsite, seasonal events, onboarding/training & collaboration, GCD AbbVie-wide events, and culture events.
- Lead the planning, and execution of GCD communication infrastructure including GCD Portal, GCD education materials (vision/mission), leadership updates/messages, success stories, and other resources to drive consistent and transparent communications across GCD, cross-functional partners, and Areas/Affiliates.
- Lead specific GCD process improvement, agility/innovation projects and culture initiatives, partnering with GCD Sr. Leadership to design and execute solutions/programs that address prioritized areas of focus ensuring project objectives are identified, resourced and accomplished.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences or business-related field required. Advanced degree or extensive experience in operations, project management, and/or commercial/customer excellence is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of work experience in drug development/commercial/medical affairs
- Supervisory/leadership experience managing multiple projects and or multiple people. Experience in leading in a multi-task environment as well as in a virtual and matrix organization
- 6 years of capability building / operations experience as a leader in Commercial organization preferred
- Excellent leadership, self-management and organizational skills; able to manage workload, set personal and team priorities and adjust as needed
- Demonstrated ability to set and execute on strategies with global, cross-functional, and departmental impact
- Must have proven experience in situations of conflict resolution, problem solving and crisis management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills
- Ability to influence without authority to get cooperation from those who own the resources, information or support needed for success
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced