The Associate Director, Finance & BTS Diversity Initiatives, has responsibility for driving accountability and outcomes for the goals and objectives of the Finance and BTS Leadership team with respect to the EED&I Council. In this role you will work with key stakeholders in delivering the goals of the council and you will work with each of the respective teams to drive the initiatives of each pillar. You will expand the impact of the Finance & BTS functions with respect to all diversity & inclusion programs through consistent communication across the organization, interaction with Enterprise programs, and close collaboration with BHR. This role reports to the VP, Tax and works closely with the VP, Business Technology Solutions, who are the Executive Sponsors of the council.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Works closely with Finance and BTS Vice Presidents, Human Resources (BHR, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, EEDI) and Communications Functional Partners to strategize, develop and execute Enterprise key strategic initiatives and Finance and BTS functional initiatives.
- In partnership with various partners as identified above, responsibility of this role includes driving strategies, plans and actions associated with but not limited to:
- Sustainable improvement in diversity at various grade groups including Professional, Manager and Director. This includes ensuring that there is an internal and external pipeline of both entry level and experienced level employees to ensure bench strength for both Finance and BTS organizations.
- Strategizing and plan development with key functional leaders to ensure sustainable improvement in diverse supplier representation for Finance and BTS organizations.
- Focused development for underrepresented key talent to enable better preparation and better credentials for other roles. This includes but is not limited to various programs such as Power Her.
- Focused efforts to enable more leadership accountability to enable a better workplace. This includes but is not limited to various initiatives such as Brave Spaces and Candid Chat.
- Responsible for working with the identified parties on the strategies identified above, synthesizing all of the diverse information from the various focus areas and delivering consumable information to various key stakeholders and executors to ensure understanding, alignment, engagement, pull through and activation.
- Drive communication to, and work collaboratively with, internal and external partners.
- Provides support and oversight to each of the strategic workstream teams within the EED&I Council pillars.
- Lead report outs to key stakeholders including EEDI Sponsors (VP, Tax and VP, BTS) and other key management stakeholders within both Finance and BTS.
- Provides project management to Executive Sponsors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Sponsors.
- Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis in Business, Accounting, or Finance. 8+ years relevant work experience desired.
- Prefer experience in the following areas: Diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives, finance processes, data analytics and business intelligence, data visualization and metrics, project management and/or business excellence tools and techniques.
- Proactive, excellent social skills and ability to work well in a matrixed environment. Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint, and/or data visualization tools.
- Strong critical and innovative thinking skills to develop and recommend actions and to recommend and implement process improvements.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced