This position is a key contributor and leader in the Corporate Tax organization, responsible for domestic tax compliance, tax accounting (ASC 740), tax planning and tax examinations. This highly visible position has exposure to other tax functions within the Corporate Tax and Finance departments. Tremendous learning opportunities are available for a candidate who is proactive, independent, and agile.
- Prepare and review U.S. federal income tax returns (e.g., Form 1120) and supporting workpapers.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual income tax accounting under ASC 740 including current and deferred taxes, uncertain tax positions and effective tax rate as well as SOX documentation and compliance.
- Responsible for assisting in the integration of acquired business units/groups as well as gaining an understanding of the key tax adjustments and risks
- Assist in the implementation of tax technology solutions to automate and reduce risk in the quarterly and annual compliance and provision processes
- Research and analyze complex tax issues and transactions, assessing the income tax and accounting impact and communicate findings to senior management.
- Timely monitoring of domestic income tax legislation and regulatory changes and assessing the impact on the Company.
- Effectively communicate with senior management, outside auditors, advisors and other key stakeholders on domestic tax issues.
- Identify and effectively implement process improvements and efficiencies.
- Lead, train and develop staff and effectively partner with other Corporate Tax department teams and business units.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Tax required
- 5+ years of tax experience in a Big Four accounting firm or a Fortune 500 company
- 8+ years related experience
- CPA and/or MST a plus
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced