The Associate Director, Data Strategy and Governance will lead the strategic vision and ongoing management of all data assets leveraged by the Imbruvica commercial organization. The selected candidate will be accountable for identifying and vetting data solutions and establishing governance and effective management of data and technology in support of the Imbruvica strategic and tactical plans.
- Lead the data strategy effort to evaluate, acquire, integrate, and consume data assets that drive commercial insights and provide competitive advantage
- Establish data strategy process that is efficient and repeatable with the objective of streamlining the translation of raw data to key metrics for consumption by operations, analytics, and data science teams
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the wide spectrum of data included in the data ecosystem spanning both longitudinal patient claims data and 360-degree view of promotional touchpoints (across personal and non-personal promotion)
- Streamline the collection and automation of digital marketing data across channels and develop processes to integrate into dashboards to effectively communicate marketing performance to key stakeholders
- Develop and publish key metric dashboards to effectively share insights derived from data ecosystem (longitudinal patient claims, personal promotion, and non-personal promotion)
- Institute robust data governance framework including creation of a data dictionary, key controls, and data thresholds. Establish a feedback mechanism to identify, prioritize and resolve data related issues.
- Responsible for ensuring a single source of truth to the commercial organization by reviewing and modifying, as necessary, all existing business rules across the data ecosystem
- Act as liaison with Information Technology team to ensure timely and accurate data delivery and enforce service level agreements of data contracts
- Partner with data vendors such as limited distribution network and agency partners to ensure timely and accurate data delivery and work with partners to quickly resolve issues
- Builds collaborative relationships across functions (sales, marketing, information technology, customer experience, and commercial operations) in support of the ongoing operation of the data ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree (business administration, statistics, economics, engineering) required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8-10 years relevant experience in data management or commercial analytics in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries required. Oncology experience strongly preferred, including use of this information of this information in the development of business plans and strategies.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in SQL, OLAP, relational databases, DWHs, and data marts and web analytics tracking tools (Adobe or Google) and CRM data
- 5+ years of experience in dashboard design and development (Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in Python or scripting languages such as R
- Hands on experience building end to end data batch and real-time ETL data pipes and data models, advanced SQL queries and optimization, technical documentation of processes and code
- Experience with machine learning technologies and environments, such as big data, hive, TensorFlow, Hadoop, Databricks, Spark
- Strong analytical reasoning abilities, including intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving. Experience with current methods in analytics and machine learning.
- Advanced experience with 3rd party pharmaceutical data such as IQVIA Xpo and DDD, longitudinal patient claims, NSP or NPA, affiliation data, direct feeds from distribution partners such as specialty pharmacies or distributor and group purchasing organizations
- Advanced ability to understand the commercial environment and business needs and translate to workable solutions
- Advanced experience with customer-level promotional datasets such as digital and non-personal promotional channels
- Advanced communication and influencing skills
- Advanced agility, project management, and prioritization skills
- Advanced vendor management skills
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively and to influence in a matrixed organization
- High motivation, strong work-ethic, and positive attitude while working under tight timelines
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced