Our talented, highly creative marketing professionals put AbbVie in the best position to win by driving strategic direction, leading teams and creating targeted messaging to assist patients. Marketing professionals are among our most versatile performers. AbbVie marketing professionals are involved in just about every aspect of our business. This involvement spans market access, market research, market analytics and competitive intelligence, R&D and clinical trials, product launches, advertising and promotion and post-market analysis.
It is an exciting time to join AbbVie’s growing oncology team as we pursue our mission to have a remarkable impact on the lives of people affected by cancer. For more information, please visit https://abbvieoncology.com.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing and managing consumer marketing activities for launch indication(s) in the US oncology organization.
- Work in a team-based environment assisting in the development of strategies and leading implementation of tactics to maximize sales, market share and profitability for new indications and/or molecules.
- Leading development and manage execution of DTC tactics to drive business objectives through a variety of channels that may include web, digital media, CRM, in-office, print, with a strong emphasis in digital communications.
- Responsible for working closely with HCP marketing, medical affairs, market access, market research, sales, and HEOR to ensure execution of one vision for the brand commercially.
- Lead, inspire and develop Marketing Manager(s) to become a high-performance brand team.
- Manage and lead agency relationships to develop brand strategy and applicable tactics.
- Collaborating with indication brand teams to align on goals and strategy across all customer stakeholders.
- Lead development and execution of multiple marketing projects in a timely manner.
- Direct reporting relationship to the Oncology Consumer Marketing Director. May participate in co-commercialization partnerships.
- Tracking and managing the Consumer Marketing budget while collaborating with the team to utilize resources effectively and efficiently.
- Actively engage in the development of consumer/patient strategy including gap analysis, market research plan, competitive analysis, message mapping and strategic brand plan.
- Understand trends in the oncology marketplace using patient and data driven strategic insights to apply on an on-going basis to the marketing plan.
Tactical Management & Execution
- Lead or support the development of the strategic business plan and the organization and synthesis of the tactical plan, including appropriate representation of all stakeholders.
- Manage strategy and project development of tactics that drive consideration of preferred use of AbbVie oncology products within approved indications.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of strategies and tactics through measurement and metrics development to ensure positive return on investment and achievement of brand objectives.
- Work with internal and external cross-functional groups (HCP Marketing, Legal, Regulatory, Medical , Project Management, Sales Training, Market Analytics and Business Insights) and external (Ad Agency, Digital Agency) to ensure integration and consistency of professional business strategies and regulatory compliance of promotional materials.
- Master and be responsible for all core marketing responsibilities and business processes.
- Manage and report budget monthly.
- Manages P&L responsibilities for brand related to preparation of and management of annual brand budget.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 8+ years of marketing experience pharmaceutical industry and/or consumer packaged goods (CPG) marketing.
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, digital, database, and internal cross-functional partners
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must have strong people leadership (direct or in-direct) skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively cross-functionally.
- Experience managing teams (marketing and/or sales)
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- Experience in AbbVie marketing roles or Oncology marketing
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of market research to draw valid conclusions
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced