AbbVie Patient Services is an industry leading organization, providing unparalleled patient support, resulting in improved brand loyalty and patient satisfaction. The Associate Director, Program Development is responsible for the progression of business strategies into business design and processes that enable technology solutions in order to meet present and future business needs. This individual will work closely with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of business objectives with technology solutions, while looking for opportunities to optimize the current state, overcome challenges, drive consistency, and efficiencies in speed to market.
To be successful, this person will have a combination of business and technical acumen to enable appropriate project management and coordination across stakeholders, while effectively working through our Technical Platform Enablement Team to support the strategy. In addition to being highly collaborative, they must have strong written and oral communication skills, and obtain alignment from multiple key stakeholders across a highly matrixed organization. They should be comfortable with developing relationships across a diverse spectrum of customers, while having the ability to prioritize initiatives based on key value propositions. This role will be required to clearly evaluate, articulate and partner to drive alignment across technology ecosystem interdependencies, and execute with cross functional teams including Business Technology Solutions, Compliance, Legal, Marketing, Patient Engagement, Access and Reimbursement, Enterprise Strategy, and vendor partners.
- Translates business strategy into the assessment of appropriate processes and technical integration work required to launch new care models, enhance the patient experience within existing care models, and drive efficiencies in the architecture of these programs, across brands.
- Coordinate's business development and integration efforts across our internal Business Technology Services organization, key stakeholders, and external business partners, including project management, communication, documentation, and transition to an operational state.
- Focus on delivering the appropriate patient/agent experience via AbbVie Patient Service’s telephony platform, text messaging, chat functionality, and social interactions, in order to provide the patient with the right information at the right time, and through their preferred communication channel.
- Effectively work with the business to identify reporting and analytic needs associated with programs, enhancements, and/or new capabilities. This includes working with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the data is centralized in AbbVie’s Patient Services data layer, can be efficiently leveraged by the corresponding BI tool, and provides appropriate visibility across the organization.
- Identify new areas of opportunity and potential benefits beyond the current organizational thinking. This includes improvements to patient/agent interactions, improvements to reporting, analytic insights, communication across functional areas, efficiency gains, and cost savings.
- Works with department Director and management team to establish priorities and areas of focus.
- Provide tactical leadership and strategic direction of all platform solutions supporting customer needs, as well as AbbVie Patient Services objectives.
- Influence and persuade across multiple external and internal constituents (stakeholders and partners) to deliver the best solutions to support patients. Infuse AbbVie Ways of Working and Talent Philosophy in day-to-day leadership and interactions with the team.
- Continuous review of current state processes to ensure appropriate artifacts are produced for all development efforts, communication strategies are in place and creating the intended dialogue, and processes are formally adjusted as needed to drive efficiency and evolve with changing business needs.
- Leverage standard documentation to drive consistency in the approach. Best practices will be documented through supporting SOPs and playbooks to drive consistency and facilitate onboarding of new resources. The overall objective is to streamline processes, reduce overhead, increase effectiveness, and gain efficiencies through leading edge technology platform enablement capabilities.
- Develops the strategic approach to initiatives and technologies focused on developing and/or enhancing the performance of AbbVie Patient Services enterprise architecture across brands.
- Manage internal and external integrated partners priority, dependencies, and provide SME point of view for optimal omnichannel patient experience
- Position requires BS degree in a related area.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- 5+ years in Enterprise/Program/Project Management experience.
- 5+ years translating business needs into solution design.
- Balance of technical and business acumen, with demonstrated proficiency in application support and process efficiency.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a highly matrixed environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and highly capable in working with senior team members.
- Detail-oriented, efficient, and flexible with strong investigation and resolution skills.
- Ability understand and strictly follow policy, procedures, guidelines, and design solutions that adhere to compliance standards.
- Has a good understanding of data networks, data services, redundancy, integration (middleware) technology.
- Strong understanding of omni-channel platforms, CRM solutions, business intelligence environments, solution design, and development.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in organizations who do not have reporting linkages.
- Proven ability to negotiate in order to achieve win-win business outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and assure completion by due dates.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex and technical tasks, both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and deliver results based on tight timelines.
- Demonstrated history of developing programs that are customer-centric.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking to the overall business, and then develop tactics that best meet the strategic initiatives.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced