AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
HRConnect Senior Payroll Specialist
HRConnect is the name for AbbVie centric HR and Payroll support and services focused on providing excellence customer experience as a primary principle. Service centers based in Tokyo, Singapore, Krakow & Lake County are dedicated to support AbbVie Employees and Managers in their administrative and operational needs.
HRConnect center in Krakow was established in 2020. Since then we are delivering HR services for AbbVie employees in the EMEA region. We are an international team of professionals passionate about HR matters.
This HR Connect Senior Specialist - UK Pay & Time will be responsible for processing and completing payroll transactions for UK in-house end to end payroll. The activities will include supporting pre-payroll activities, year-end payroll activities, reviewing and verifying files generated internally, enforcing key payroll deadlines, as well as answering employee/manager/HR queries. Partnering with the global project will also be part of the role, hence project management skills are additional assets.
Working with payroll vendor for UK expat payroll processing.
- Support payroll activities (eg. Payroll inputs entry, review master data file quality/audits, and confirm time/payroll data completeness).
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to process payroll and resolve payroll transactions that are in error.
- Review and validate payroll files (eg. Payroll Reconciliation File, Bank File) and reports generated internally and approve for processing.
- Assist in resolving input errors (and other errors) from the third party vendors or internal AbbVie stakeholders.
- Assist in resolving Bank Errors (with AbbVie Treasury’s support).
- Support Year-End Payroll processing activities (eg. develop and provide payroll calendar, review year-end tax reports).
- Respond to internal AbbVie stakeholders (Finance and BHR, Tax, Treasury,) with regard to questions or issues they have raised around payroll data and/or payroll reports.
- Reconciliation of payroll transactions with HMRC
- Review pre-hire and life cycle employees’ records (e.g. confirm HR data completeness for hiring, tax details, cost centers and other assignment details), making necessary updates
- Support role for global, regional and country specific projects
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Experience: 5-7 years of payroll experience, including UK payroll (essential).
- Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related discipline.
- Certificates: UK Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or equivalent is an asset.
- Languages: Fluent English.
- Technology: Working knowledge of Workday (ideally), experience integrating with 3rd party applications and high-level proficiency in Excel.
Other desired skills:
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking.
- Strong customer orientation and stakeholder management skills.
- Continuous improvement orientation.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
- Good organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and requests
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Abbvie a great place to work:
- Chance to become a part of dynamically growing biopharmaceutical company.
- Friendly organizational culture.
- Training opportunities and professional development.
- Tuition Assistance Program - Co-financing of a selected form of improving qualifications by the employee (e.g. postgraduate studies)
- Flexible working hours and additional days off (Abbvie Days)
- Charity initiatives icl. Week of possibilities - days of employee volunteering
- Extensive benefits package (Multisport, private medical care and life insurance for you and your family)
- Commuting allowance
- Attractive annual bonus
- Employee referral program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Company Social Benefits Fund (co-funding of cultural, educational and leisure activities, rehabilitation classes or psychological consultations for employees and their family).
- Wellness initiatives – global events promoting work-life balance, physical and mental wellbeing
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation