HRConnect is the name for AbbVie centric HR and Payroll support and services focused on providing excellent customer experience as a primary principle. Service centers based in Tokyo, Singapore, Krakow & Lake County are dedicated to support AbbVie Employees and Managers in their administrative and operational needs.
This HR Connect Payroll Specialist will be responsible for processing and correcting payroll transactions for specific countries as assigned (generally smaller, less complex countries or assisting with larger, more complex countries), supporting pre-payroll activities, year-end payroll activities, reviewing and verifying files generated internally or by global payroll vendors (GPV), enforcing key payroll deadlines, as well as answering employee/manager queries. Partnering with the global project will also be part of the role, hence project management skills are additional assets.
- Partnering with internal stakeholders and with Global Payroll Vendor (GPV) to process payroll and resolve payroll transactions that are in error.
- Review and validate payroll files (eg. Payroll Reconciliation File, Bank File) and reports generated internally or by the GPV and approve for processing.
- Support pre-payroll activities (eg. finalize data entry, review master data file quality, and confirm time/payroll data completeness).
- Assist in resolving input errors (and other errors) from the third party vendors or internal AbbVie stakeholders.
- Assist in resolving Bank Errors (with AbbVie Treasury’s support).
- Support Year-End Payroll processing activities (eg. develop and provide payroll calendar, review year-end tax reports and notify AbbVie employees of availability of tax information).
- Respond to internal AbbVie stakeholders (Tax, Treasury, Finance and BHR) with regard to questions or issues they have raised around payroll data and/or payroll reports.
- Answer employee/manager queries or assist GPV with other queries it cannot resolve.
- Review pre-hire and life cycle employees’ records (e.g. confirm HR data completeness for hiring, job codes and titles, cost centers and other assignment details), making necessary updates
- Support role for global, regional and country specific projects
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts with a concentration in Finance / Accounting.
- 3 years of payroll operational experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or equivalent is an asset
- Working knowledge of Workday and experience integrating with 3rd party applications.
- Strong customer orientation and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in English
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, as well as to get results through collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Good analytical and process diagnostic skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture. Strong spreadsheet and database skills. Continuous improvement orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and requests.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced