Reporting to FSS International Finance Director, FSS EMEA Senior Manager for non-commercial entities is responsible for managing the team and assigned entities from operational perspective, addressing key risks and ensuring accuracy and integrity of financial statements.
FSS EMEA Senior Manager manages and coordinates month end close, supporting the team and being a key contact person for critical issues for key stakeholders. The role is also responsible for team management (including team development, performance assessment, backup structure, work assignment).
The role includes:
- processes optimization on EMEA-wide level – addressing process opportunities via suggesting ways to eliminate complexity and simplify processes (standardization, simplification, automation)
- addressing process risks on EMEA-wide level via suggesting ways to correct accounting issues across EMEA entities.
Position would have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the FSS EMEA team responsible for non-commercial entities in EMEA region.
- Manage and coordinate the financial close process; conduct pre and post close meetings with stakeholders including, Operations Finance, Corporate HQ, Treasury and BPO provider
- Play a critical role in the financial close process for the entire region. Activities include, but not limited to:
- Review of financials and variance analysis with, Operations Finance and Corporate / HQ
- Review of potential late adjustments with Corporate / HQ
- Finalize close for the entities in scope
- Review and present quarterly regional Balance Sheet consolidation and commentary
- Ensure that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives, local GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Ensure timely consultation and guidance for any complex accounting matters
- Closely partner with Operations Finance and Treasury in establishing and managing the Balance sheet including commentary on variances.
- Establish effective Internal Control environment and oversee control compliance monitoring
- Interpretation and roll out of accounting policy/standards, including application of US GAAP
- Work with key stakeholders to establish and sustain governance, high customer service standards, guidelines and tools applicable globally across AbbVie
- Support development and standardization of AbbVie Accounting policy and procedures
- Ensure compliance with AbbVie Accounting policy and procedures
- Periodically review AbbVie Accounting policies and procedures
- Initiate process improvements and quality reviews to simplify processes and improve productivity
- Ensure holistic view of entities and processes in scope to provide excellent customer service to stakeholders
- Act as liaison with internal and external auditors, actuaries, etc.
- Lead or participate in special projects such as integration of acquired businesses, or implementation of new systems/ tools.
- Master degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA/ACCA qualified
- MBA would be an asset
- +15 years of progressive experience in accounting, planning and financial analysis
- Minimum 7 years in people management experience, ideally also in leading large organizations (+50 employees)
- Required experience with manufacturing and/or supply chain entities and related finance and accounting processes
- Experience with Treasury processes, financing entities and holding structure would be an asset
- Proficient in reading / interpreting financial statements and analyzing performance on regional or consolidated level
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
- Previous ownership positions for key processes spanning traditional finance areas (e.g., Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Financial Planning and Analysis)
- Proven track record of building and implementing continuous improvement initiatives and lean methodologies
- Strong leadership skills required to coordinate and manage across multiple organizations, processes and initiatives, with ability to embrace total company perspective
- Previous experience in a supervisory role and leading large teams
- Strong knowledge US GAAP or alternatively IFRS, internal controls and financial reporting, is required
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to translate data into business insights and become key partner for non-commercial entities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Intermediate to Advanced Excel
- SAP & consolidation systems (Hyperion preferred)
- Reconciliation Tools (Blackline preferred)
- Business Process& Financial Data Flows
- Ability to understand changing regulatory environments and technological advancements, while assessing impacts on current organizational structures and services
- Strong performance orientation, drives performance management throughout the organization, including people development
- Holistic view of organizations and processes to provide excellent customer service to stakeholders
- Advanced Accounting – USGAAP preferred
- SOX and internal controls
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Cost/Inventory Accounting
- Advanced understanding of Principals of Tax Law
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Process design and improvement
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced