AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Financial Shared Services (FSS) EMEA based in Krakow, Poland is serving as a controllership function for affiliates and manufacturing plants in all countries, providing support in accounting, tax, statutory and selected order to cash processes.
We are looking for motivated and engaged individuals interested in developing their career in Finance area.
We are offering paid internship in the following departments:
- Support reports preparation and delivery, data collection, review of key quality indicators
- Participate in CI discussions in order to identify the best ideas and those of high priority
- Assist in internal and external audit preparation
- Support data collection for audit purposes and monitor timely delivery of the data / reports for auditors
- Checking data completeness and correctness prior to submission to auditors
- Support the maintenance of general ledger under US GAAP within SAP in coordination with BPO
- Trial balance review to identify potential issues and highlighting them to the Accounting Leads
- Monitoring and review of system generated reports (e.g. IDOC errors report, IO/WBS settlements, Bank open items, aging reports etc.) to identify the errors and follow-up on the resolution
- Participate in preparation and review of financial and management accounting
- Support Accounting Leads in preparation of variances analysis (actuals vs plan, actuals current month vs actuals previous month, actuals current month vs actuals year end etc.)
- Collect details from SAP, Blackline to support the analysis
- Prepare routine and ad hoc reports followed by analyzing gathered data
- Support preparation of standard and non-standard reports based on data from SAP
- Preparing presentation of the data – grouping the data / pivot tables etc.
- Supporting RTR Leads in Month End Close activities
- Accounts movements analysis in SAP with identifying underlying transactions / reasons
- Prepare additional reporting and analysis depending on the issues encountered during the close
Statutory Accounting Team
- Support Statutory Accounting Team in preparing data requested by external auditors including analysis
- Perform integrity checks of statutory journal entries
- Collect data from multiple stakeholders for the purpose of the ongoing projects
- Support collection of backup documentation for the audit purposes
- Prepare of Blackline task uploads and ongoing manual changes to the tasks assignments
- Prepare and post OneSource adjusting journal entries under supervision of Statutory Accounting Team
- Review accuracy of Financial Statements to detect typo mistakes and also check consistency between main Financial Statements form and corresponding disclosures
- Perform adjustment in the Financial Statements based received feedback
- Prepare local GAAP journal entries under supervision of Statutory Accounting Team
- ICB – Intercompany Billing:
- Supporting intercompany billing process through preparation and booking coordination on share point – preparation and distribution of ICB status reports, changes of statuses on share point, validation of booking correctness
- Verification, control and adjustments of statuses of intercompany pre-approval forms in workflow
- University Students (min. 3rd year) or Graduates – Finance or Accounting preferred
- Available to work min. 30 hours per week
- Willingness to learn
- Motivated, self-directed and driven person
- A can-do attitude
- Proactive approach
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Very good English
- Communication skills, creativeness and open mindedness
- Team worker – helps and supports others
- Paid internship
- Working in multinational environment with experienced accounting professionals
- Excellent working atmosphere
- Great development opportunities, including participation in trainings dedicated to FSS EMEA employees
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Job Type: Internship
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation