Finance Shared Services (FSS) is AbbVie's standardized global end-to-end back-office processes that support operations and transactional business activities enabling our company to run. These standardized processes are our Global Operating Model. The Order to Cash end to end processes provides vital support and administration that get product to our patients which is exactly what FSS does.
The goal of the FSS Community is to work together to align transactional business activities and to advance the global operating model which helps to meets patient needs. The FSS organization is comprised of both process governance and operational execution. FSS maintains global processes across the Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Record to Report, and Master Data processes
The Manager, FSS Credit & Collections EMEA and JAPAC, is responsible for managing the FSS Credit & Collection team including but not limited to daily activities, team development, performance assessment, backup structure, work assignment and prioritization and delivering team performance to achieve all agreed KPI and other performance metrics. The person will be also the key point of contact for any critical issues for Affiliates and other stakeholders in the credit and collections area and will be also operationally responsible for assigned country or group of countries. The countries and manufacturing plants represent approximately $650 MM of receivables.
The role includes also:
- processes optimization – identifying and leading process improvement opportunities (standardization, simplification, automation, efficiency, or effectiveness)
- first line escalation of complex issue resolution in C&C area for larger affiliates and second line escalation for smaller affiliates managed by team supervisor
This position reports directly to the Director of Global Order to Cash
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervise & Support the Accounts Receivable Team, Ensure the Accounts Receivable Team consistently deliver quality results
- Leading a multi-lingual functional work team in credit & collections focused on the accurate and timely completion of operational tasks and reporting
- Providing guidance and process expertise to the team
- Assuring people development by providing regular coaching and training to the team members
- Reviewing and assessing team members’ performance
- Identifying, recommending, and assisting in implementation of best practices to gain efficiency and driving productivity gains
- First point of communication with our third-party service providers
- First point of escalation for affiliate Finance Directors for credit and collection issues
- Overseeing and prioritizing the daily credit and collections activities of the team
- Leading the audit preparation and all other projects assigned
- Constantly looking for improvement opportunities and drive implementation (compliance, quality, and process efficiency
- Support internal audit program, local tax and statutory audits
- Ensure Compliance with AbbVie’s SOX controls
- Liaise with Credit Management industry to stay up to date with new innovations
- Support Affiliate teams as needed to support their credit and collection targets
- Location Europe (Ireland or Krakow)
A self-motivated, energetic person with experience in people management, and in order to cash process, able to act as focal point between different stakeholders,.
- BA/BS Degree in Finance or Accounting at a minimum, advanced degree or certification is a plus (Master’s, Credit Management certification)
- Operational experience with Accounts Receivable management with demonstrated results
- The ability to interact with and support senior level management and to partner effectively and independently in a matrix organization. Open to new ideas, creative and utilize value-added principles in approach
- The ability to drive, influence and manage change. Proven project management expertise. Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, planning and decision-making skills and ability to work independently. A highly motivated self-starter who can translate broad directions into high quality analytical output.
- Extensive interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a high energy level. Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Must be able to work with multiple stakeholders and audiences
- Hands on OTC experience (+8 years) in an international environment (pharma sector is a plus) with credit and collections
- 5+ years of experience in managing people
- Professional proficiency of English (verbal and written).
- Critical thinking skills to be able to challenge tools and processes in use while promoting business development
- Ability to work on multiple projects and need to set up/review priorities for the team and deal with time constraints while effectively managing deadlines
- A sound business sense with excellent numerical skills
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at various levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong computer skills, particular experience with Excel and SAP
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset and drive for excellence
- Strong teamwork ethic
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced