Reporting to FSS EMEA Senior Manager (for non-commercial entities), Accounting Manager for HQ & Holding entities and Global ICB (Intercompany Billing) is responsible for managing the team and finance cluster from operational perspective, addressing key risks and ensuring accuracy and integrity of financial statements.
Accounting Manager manages and coordinates month end close, supporting the team and being a key contact person for critical issues for all stakeholders. The role is also responsible for team management (including team development, performance assessment, backup structure, work assignment).
The role includes:
- processes optimization – addressing process opportunities via suggesting ways to eliminate complexity and simplify processes (standardization, simplification, automation)
- addressing process and system risks via suggesting ways to correct accounting issues across impacted entities.
- Review changes to chart of accounts and accounts usage to ensure consistency
- Review key account reconciliations and drive improvement action plan
- Manage, coordinate and review the financial close process for the cluster of entities
- Implement any Corporate reporting requirements for assigned entities
- Play a critical role in the oversight of preparation of financials. Activities include, but not limited to, completing disclosures/GAAP checklist and notes
- Account for special projects, e.g. acquisitions, investments, disposals, etc.
- Communicate and coordinate controlling master data updates
- Review financial and accounting analysis involving complex transactions
- Research and resolve discrepancies and technical accounting issues as necessary
- Work closely with personnel in all departments to ensure compliance with company accounting and operational guidelines as well as GAAP
- Assist in audit coordination and all other projects assigned
- Propose accounting treatment in line with Corporate policies for complex transactions
- Work in close partnership with Treasury, Tax and other key stakeholders to ensure integrity of the ledgers and full compliance with Accounting Policies and best practices
- Propose and implement initiatives aimed to improve efficiency and quality of the process
- Review of flash reports and balance sheet comments ensuring US GAAP reporting compliance
- Support Operating Model Integration for any newly acquired business units
- Team management including supervising the work of Accounting Leads/ RTR Controllers (including remote employees) by providing guidance and process expertise
- Perform employee selection, appraisal and performance feedback. Maintain good employee relations through effective communications.
- Provide leadership, coaching and training to personnel.
- Cultivate talent and support employee development
A driven, energetic person with very strong accounting expertise, able to act as focal point between different stakeholders, multitask and meet fixed deadlines. Experienced people manager with strong leadership.
- Master’s Degree in accounting or finance
- 10+ years of progressive experience in accounting, planning and financial analysis
- Experience with Treasury processes, financing entities and holding structures
- Experience in an international environment - pharma sector is a plus
- ACCA/CPA qualification or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in managing teams
- US GAAP Accounting expertise
- Professional proficiency of English
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
- Individual must be self-motivated with great follow-up skills and be able to work independently
- Excellent stakeholder management skills are required
- Ability to integrate perspectives with strong sense of ownership and focus on results
- Project management and change management experience
- Experience with continuous improvement projects and practical application of Continuous Process Improvements methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma) would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills required to coordinate and manage multiple cross divisional work processes and projects
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced