Candidate experience will determine grade level.
The Immunology Area Marketing Manager (AMM) is a key member of brand strategic marketing team. The AMM is the primary point of contact for the AbbVie Marketing team within an assigned region, interacting with External Experts for the purpose of gathering on-label insight aligned to company strategic plans for a specific therapeutic area. Additionally, they partner with franchise marketing leads and field leaders to help develop regional commercial marketing plans where needed along with help to ensure/monitor execution is consistent with regional/national strategy.
Thought Leader Engagement and Development
- Interact with national/regional/local External Experts, emerging leaders, and relevant patient and professional associations within assigned region to identify collaboration and sponsorship opportunities in alignment with marketing strategies.
- Develop regional engagement plans in alignment with brand strategic plans and ensure consistent tactical execution throughout the year to drive key marketing engagement
Peer to Peer Support
- Identify and recruit faculty for national series rollout and speaker training
- Consult with HCP’s on peer to peer content development
- Provide training on HCP led slide deck content, updates, and how content aligns to brand strategy
- Identify key KOL’s for national and regional conference product theaters
- Uncover regional speaker program opportunities based on local market dynamics, provide guidance on speaker selection and content to align speaker to local audience
- Lead projects compliantly and effectively through the promotional review process to deliver high-quality work in a timely fashion (meets deadlines). Ensures that regulatory guidelines and AbbVie policies and processes are followed
- Provide in-depth insights to Integrated Brand Team and commercial senior leadership based on brand key business questions that will provide input to marketing strategy, resource optimization and tactic development to drive brand performance
- Marketing lead for field competitive insights for the assigned region
- Understand objectives and key business insights for advisory meetings, identify and recruit appropriate HCP targets for participation, attend and/or assist in ad board facilitation
- Responsible for understanding a specific geographical area’s market drivers, competitive landscape, and provider dynamics
- Coordinate the work of multiple external vendors and internal departments including Agency Partners, Marketing, Market Research, Legal, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Office of Ethics and Compliance, Consumer Marketing and IT
Marketing Leader in Key Accounts
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of external and internal drivers within account
- Marketing lead for key accounts and institutions in assigned Region, connecting AbbVie’s Integrated Brand Teams to potential collaboration opportunities
- Align and prioritize account initiatives for IBT.
Scope and Key Skills:
- Must be able to manage effective written and oral communications with External Experts, including the ability to confidently represent and protect AbbVie’s interests during interactions and/or collaborations with external stakeholders.
- Ability to translate market trends, insights and competitive practices to draw key business opportunities and uses them to help develop strategic and tactical plans
- Maintains a working knowledge of industry information sources (MD/Channel level data, audits/secondary data and primary research). Uses appropriate data sources to evaluate effectiveness of promotional tactics and develop business strategy
- Strong collaboration and team orientation, with experience accomplishing results while influencing without authority
- Effectively track and manage the marketing budget. Manages conventions, advisory board meetings, speaker programs, and meetings within assigned budget.
- Consistently manage multiple projects to deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion
- Always mindful of and adheres to regulatory guidelines. Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP) specifically, significant health care experience.
- Understanding of attributes of other AbbVie internal functional areas and impact of relevant decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience in sales, sales management, or marketing with at least 2 years of experience in Immunology (preferred)
- Travel up to 50% of the time including some weekends
- Collaborative working style. Must work across an integrated team colleagues, understanding priorities and key responsibilities that impact the business
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced