- Responsible for design, operation and optimization of chemical / biologic processes
- Coordinate and deliver projects actively leading the integration of technical activities with operations including providing technical support to ongoing operations
- Analyze new processes and evaluate them to assess needs and feasibility of introduction of these processes into the existing facility
- Responsible for design, operation, control and optimization of chemical / biological processes
- To drive the commissioning and qualification effort of the process equipment and associated systems.
- Design, install and commission new production units, monitoring modifications and upgrades and troubleshooting existing processes
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards
- In a cGMP environment, lead modifications and changes to processes and equipment, troubleshooting, deviation investigation, identification and completion of corrective and preventative actions.
- Propose and evaluate modifications to equipment, processes and operations to improve safety, increase efficiency and enhance company goals.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers
- To actively seek avenues to improve operational efficiency accruing benefits to the Abbvie businesses in Singapore
- Actively engaged in developing specifications for process equipment and assist in FAT / SAT of related equipment as part of the new build-outs.
- Participate and lead, when required, in all investigations (contaminations, deviations, and discrepancies) relating to the manufacturing process.
- Develop and implement systems that ensure the process works at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet supply needs
- Provide operational support for the successful and uninterrupted operation of manufacturing systems used in manufacture of API and biologic products.
- Act as one of the key contact points and local SME for investigations into utility excursions and deviations and provides resources to ensure fixes.
- Supervise engineers and provide day to day guidance on technical issues.
- To mentor and coach reports
- Identify equipment and assess plant production capacity
- Identify means to resolve equipment bottlenecks & optimize production capacity.
Bachelor’s degree or a diploma in Engineering
- At least 9 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of cGMP is highly preferred
- Strong technical knowledge coupled with hands-on working experience in a pharmaceutical / biotech facility
- Working experience in start-ups, commissioning & qualification of process systems in an operating plant is a plus
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to lead teams including external contractors
- Excellent team player willing to work for the common goal
- Mentoring and coaching skills
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced